COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I watched C4 Dispatches "long covid" focus on St Luke's Bradford, I have followed the stories of people who left hospital only to need an outpatients schedule for long after their unfortunate stays in intensive care and C4 did the story proud.
I have special interest in this due to past form, I think I may have had flu four times. The second time was in 1981 and I was as fit as the proverbial butchers dog at the time I caught it. I spent eight days in hospital and lost 20lb from my 149lb within the month that I fell ill. The leg muscles that pleased me to look at vanished, I think it took me seven months to fully recover.
Last time was late December 2020, I laughed it off as man flu on here but when I went out with the dogs during January I was wheezing badly and felt knackered on my return. I felt better by February and am as strong as a 60 year old might be now.
I'll take the thrombo', 5G, Bill Gates, unknown side effects over catching this one, I just do not seem to fair well with a flu type virus. Any possible risk is easily outweighed for me after watching the poor wretches on Dispatches.
Edit for stupidity!

newts

Veteran
Dr John Campbell sums everything up very well as per usual in yesterday's podcast.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjtrev8cZnk&list=RDCMUCF9IOB2TExg3QIBupFtBDxg&start_radio=1

Ajax Bay

Guru
I watched C4 Dispatches "long covid" focus on St Luke's Bradford, I have followed the stories of people who left hospital only to need an outpatients schedule for long after their unfortunate stays in intensive care and C4 did the story proud.
There's some reporting that getting vaccinated has a beneficial therapeutic effect on those suffering from 'long-Covid'.

gbb

Legendary Member
Even our resident critic/cynic at work Alex, Latvian with a Russian heritage, who questions everything about British culture and politics...and often In a cynical, slightly mocking way...acknowledges the AZ question in Europe is just silly. Around 30 cases of blood clots in millions of doses, there can be no surprise there would be a handful of potential bad reactions. Even Alex can see its political and quite probably business driven.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Vaccines are using a very different technology now. It's not what was in the 1960's. I've had all the jabs as a kid, no issues. TB was wiped out by vaccines, that's nasty. Our insistance of global travel makes any virus spread fast.

The blood clots - sorry but you take x amount of folk at any point in life, record them, y would get a blood clot within a short space of time of the sample. The get vaccine, then get blood clot is no different from normal expected cases without any vaccine. Folk get blood clots.

So much Social Media crap these days.

I've got far more risk of me stacking it on my bike than any possible risk a vaccine could add to my life.... I've already smashed myself up far more.

Reactions: C R

PK99

Legendary Member
Even our resident critic/cynic at work Alex, Latvian with a Russian heritage, who questions everything about British culture and politics...and often In a cynical, slightly mocking way...acknowledges the AZ question in Europe is just silly. Around 30 cases of blood clots in millions of doses, there can be no surprise there would be a handful of potential bad reactions. Even Alex can see its political and quite probably business driven.

But that is not what is being seen.

There is no evidence of any bad reactions resulting in blood clots

There are no more blood clots than would be expected without the vaccine

Risk across the whole population in 1 in 1000 or year

Risk for over 85 is 1 in 100 per year

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Son was jabbed today. Bit of a move on for him as he wouldn't let anyone stick a needle into him a few years ago. He's T1, and had a really bad phobia with needles from others - OK sticking himself.... went today, all OK. He got over it a couple of years ago, but it's not easy for T1's being 'in control' of 'sticking' themselves....

When came out from hospital with my busted spine, I had to have clot busters - I couldn't do it to myself. MrsF did it...

Well, had mine around quarter to 5 yesterday and as yet no side effects whatsoever, missus was the same, up ready for work so hopefully nothing will 'kick in' during the day but I'm pretty optimistic.

Mate next door who's 50 is getting it today so things are moving well in 'Sunny Wolverhampton' 🌞.

gbb

Legendary Member
But that is not what is being seen.

There is no evidence of any bad reactions resulting in blood clots

There are no more blood clots than would be expected without the vaccine

Risk across the whole population in 1 in 1000 or year

Risk for over 85 is 1 in 100 per year
Sorry, I maybe put it poorly, if I'm reading you right, I agree and know...I used the word 'potential'...to highlight the point these reactions have no definitive cause at the moment, and are quite likely to be normal rates without any AZ cause....as I said, even our resident cynic recognises it. European governments lurching toward banning the vaccines use is quite clearly political or business orientated...and they're playing with their citizens lives in doing so.

Top Bottom