COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I had to google 'lying red bus'. Assumed it was a typo, not an enthusiasm to provide more funds 'weekly' to 'Our NHS'.
Yep, that's this government's vehicle. As noted over in the other thread, somewhat ironically, the no-detectable-effect-yet test and trace is costing roughly £350m a week for 2 years to have no published capacity so we still can't tell what vaccination level would be sufficient to be within tracing capacity. :wacko:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
So two work colleagues have had the Phizer vaccine this weekend, one 51 the other 41. Hearing stories of others also getting the Phizer one and also Moderna :whistle: . Existing stocks of AZ being held back for 2nd jabs ?

Ajax Bay

Guru
If anything other way round. Most of the Pfizer supply at present mostly needed for second jabs (from deductions I've made on late Jan / early Feb first dose proportion).

Buck

Guru
AZ and Pfizer are both being used for second doses now but there is a dip in supply of AZ at present and expected to come back to "normal" after next week so limited availability for first doses.

Pfizer stocks are increasing and more volume has been secured so we will see more first doses of this in the coming weeks.

Moderna is in limited initial supply and only being administered from c30-40 sites across England (mainly linked to hospitals) and not in GP or other local vaccination centres at present.

mjr

I've just been Pfizered for the second time.

Another seamless experience.

Despite @mjr's increasingly desperate attempts to criticise the programme, it continues to work wonderfully well.
Do not lie about what I wrote, please. The vac centres seem to run well. The booking website is a mess. I see that they have now changed the criteria on the booking website to exclude people who turn 45 this month! Anyone know why?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Do not lie about what I wrote, please.

No lies - your many attempts to criticise the vaccination programme appear unjustified to me, several others on here, and I suspect would do to the millions who have had the same seamless experience I've had.

No doubt you will continue in the same vein, just don't be surprised if someone can be bothered to point out you are spouting nonsense.

vickster

Legendary Member
Do not lie about what I wrote, please. The vac centres seem to run well. The booking website is a mess. I see that they have now changed the criteria on the booking website to exclude people who turn 45 this month! Anyone know why?
Because they’re not yet 45 and so don’t qualify as 45-49 year olds :wacko:
Just book when have birthday

Ajax Bay

Guru
Some are now 45 but can't book @vickster . Suspect the system took a cut of the database on 30 Mar to allow a go/no go for applicants. This age limit will drop to over 40s after the public holiday weekend. @mjr I don't think you're increasingly desperate btw.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Some are now 45 but can't book @vickster . Suspect the system took a cut of the database on 30 Mar to allow a go/no go for applicants. This age limit will drop to over 40s after the public holiday weekend. I don't think you're increasingly desperate btw.
That wasn’t clear. Book through 119 If already 45

mjr

No lies - your many attempts to criticise the vaccination programme appear unjustified to me, several others on here, and I suspect would do to the millions who have had the same seamless experience I've had.
Yes, lies. You may have had a seamless experience. My booking certaily wasn't and some friends had it worse. You seem to be in denial.

No doubt you will continue in the same vein, just don't be surprised if someone can be bothered to point out you are spouting nonsense.
Good luck finding any nonsense. You have not yet.

Possibly they realise you turn 45 this month, and they want you dead?
What are you on about?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Everyone I know has had a good booking/vaccination experience. It's slower at your GP - i.e. sometimes a physical queue to get jabbed. Website worked fine for me and others I know. Cycled down to Etihad, volunteers were fabulously helpful, showing me to the bike parking. People helping everywhere. Process inside was seamless and you were constantly moving through the check in, to nurses asking the various health questions, to straight onto a cubicle and jib jabbed. No complaints here. The local Trusts and volunteers are doing a fabulous job.

Ajax Bay

Guru
This year sees my 60th birthday and I have never been registered with a GP as an adult and it seems that vaccine appointments are based on being registered with a GP.
So I tried the online Book A Vaccine system but I got nowhere with it as it circles around enter your NHS number, you can find this on your correspondence with your GP or register with a GP. I did try to register with a GP practice a while back and was told that as they couldn't find my non-existent previous GP records they couldn't register me.
Eventually I lost interest and I wonder just how rare people like me are?
Ian - you have been given advice upthread about how to break your way in to this and book a vaccination but I thought I'd look to see "how rare you are" ie how many people in UK are not registered with a GP (and therefore haven't got a current NHS number).
The NHS Digital site offers an insight.
Reducing this to England (total population of Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales is about 11M)
60,744,002 patients registered at GP practices in England as at 1 April 2021.
The population of England (2019) is about 56M.
So there must be duplicates or NHS Digital is still counting people who've emigrated or died (latter about 600k a year).
Of interest, 93,262 registered in March. @IanSmithCSE - You can be one of those who registers in April (though likely somewhere there is a number associated with you and your date of birth).
How many Ian Smiths can there be who are 60 this year? I'll leave our resident mathematician to work out the chances of two Ian Smiths aged 60 this year having the same birthday. There are about 393k males (Ian - assumed) any name who'll have their 60th birthday this year, god willing.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ian - you have been given advice upthread about how to break your way in to this and book a vaccination but I thought I'd look to see "how rare you are" ie how many people in UK are not registered with a GP (and therefore haven't got a current NHS number).
The NHS Digital site offers an insight.
Reducing this to England (total population of Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales is about 11M)
60,744,002 patients registered at GP practices in England as at 1 April 2021.
The population of England (2019) is about 56M.
So there must be duplicates or NHS Digital is still counting people who've emigrated or died (latter about 600k a year).
Of interest, 93,262 registered in March. @IanSmithCSE - You can be one of those who registers in April (though likely somewhere there is a number associated with you and your date of birth).
How many Ian Smiths can there be who are 60 this year? I'll leave our resident mathematician to work out the chances of two Ian Smiths aged 60 this year having the same birthday. There are about 393k males (Ian - assumed) any name who'll have their 60th birthday this year, god willing.

Top Bottom