COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Hi ho hi ho it's off to court they go... https://www.thejournal.ie/eu-launch...neca-over-vaccine-deliveries-5420296-Apr2021/

The key question is still: was shipping nothing from two factories listed in the contract really AZ's best efforts?

mjr

Given the fact that some countries seem hesitant to use it, why are they trying that route. What's been done with the doses supplied, but never used.
Because some countries are happy to use it but supplies are short, leading some to sign deals with Russia or China.

I suspect any unused supplied doses are being held for use in second doses in case mix and match turns out not to be generally permitted and AZ continue to fall short. Oh and on another site, a mistake was spotted on the BBC website where it overestimated the stockpile, in case you saw that too.

mjr

Face saving - it's worth them launching the claim even if it's entirely without merit
So you never claim compensation from a supplier who's late and just let them keep the money until they can get around to delivering?

Kicking the can down the road? Why would they want to? Next EU election is 2 years away and this probably ensures it remains a live issue then. Face saving would be to fire AZ and draw a line under it, but that won't get them as much vaccine.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I think the "AZ stocks not being used in the EU" appears to be largely false.

Here's the French data for all vaccines:

They're basically dosing as fast as vials arrive.

https://covidtracker.fr/vaccintracker/

There's a breakdown by vaccine type in the link.

Much more open than the UK... not surprising the EU is paranoid about UK supplies given our lack of transparency I guess.

Reactions: C R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
The EU legal action is ridiculous.

Do they really think AZ is not busting a gut to get supplies out of the door?

It's exactly the sort of thing that disrupts activity - AZ efforts will be distracted into covering their arses legally rather than moving heaven and earth logistically.

Half wits.

classic33

Leg End Member
Of the twenty countries who stopped using Vaxzevria, how many have started using it again?

France is seeking to have enough vaccinations to see it through the next two years. But it may not be the Vaxzevria vaccine. And let's not forget Italy's piracy, where did that lot disappear to given they'd ceased using it at the time.

Given the comments from Macron and Merkel, the EU are liable to be building their defence against the compensation claims from people that have lost loved ones due to their incompetence. I think a fair few member states have binned the EU supply and gone for the Russian one after getting fed up of waiting.

mjr

The EU legal action is ridiculous.

Do they really think AZ is not busting a gut to get supplies out of the door?
That doesn't matter. It's that they think AZ aren't busting guts to get any to the EU.

It's exactly the sort of thing that disrupts activity - AZ efforts will be distracted into covering their arses legally rather than moving heaven and earth logistically.

Half wits.
Only a half wit would think the lawyers are currently making vaccines! I'm pretty sure they're separate staff.

Top Bottom