COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Awaiting approval before they start using the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine.
In the meantime, they seem to be trying to get rid of what they did receive of this vaccine. Choosing to go with those produced in America.

lane

Veteran
Vaccine supply no longer a limiting factor in USA so they don't need to worry too much about new approval s.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Awaiting approval before they start using the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine.
In the meantime, they seem to be trying to get rid of what they did receive of this vaccine. Choosing to go with those produced in America.

The US supply for the AZ vaccine is produced from a US supply chain.

lane

Veteran
Canada is hardly a developing country :wacko:

Your right they probably should donate them to an Malawi instead:

Taken form the BBC News Website:

"Health authorities in Malawi have incinerated 19,610 expired doses of the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine, saying it will reassure the public that any vaccines they do get are safe."

midlife

Guru
No but they are short of vaccine as they don't have enough contracts in place.

I thought Canada had ordered more vaccines than any ther country?

_117090392_over-ordering_vaccine_2x640-nc.png

lane

Veteran
My info seems a bit out of dale a quick google suggests that they are ramping up.

"This ramp-up in Canada’s vaccine rollout has been a long time coming. On March 1, vaccine deliveries were so small that Canada wasn’t on pace to reach 75 per cent of its population having first doses until Nov. 24, 2022. Then, vaccine supply accelerated in April and May. Now, at our current pace, Tombe’s model suggests that Canada should reach 75 per cent by June 19. In addition, 75 per cent of all eligible Canadians 12 and up could have second doses by the second week in August."

classic33

Leg End Member
Pfizer are to start production of their vaccine in their facilities*, in Dublin later this year.

*I'm assuming this will be the Flynn Pharma doing the work.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom