Covid vaccine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd feel reluctant about having the vaccine, purely because I have a major fear of needles. I had to stop giving blood because I kept fainting during it; my tendancy to faint has given rise to my fear of needles.

I'm not against having it. At the risk of sounding like a gert sissy boy cry baby, the only way anyone would get me to have it is if they sedate me/hold my hand/somehow keep me calm & relaxed whilst injecting me.

Milzy

Guru
You have a right to refuse it, but equally, the rest of society has a right to be protected from the infectious unvaccinated.

If everyone felt like you, hundreds of thousands would die and our hospitals would be full for months or even years, and we would need restrictions on our freedoms to limit the damage.

If even a small minority feel like you, it will probably be necessary to limit your freedoms. For instance, requiring vaccine certification to enter mass venues, public transport and the like.

The question is, why should vulnerable people unnecessarily die for your freedom?
You’re right there it’s already been said about traveling abroad you must have had the vaccine.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I'd have it as soon as they ask me because I want to go to the pub, the coffee shop, nose around the bookshop, get on a train without having to wear a mask, and not have to worry about taking time off work through having to isolate. I hope they give me a pass to show people when they demand I wear a mask to go to the toilet, or walk out of a fire exit and around the building to comply with their ridiculous one way system.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I'd feel reluctant about having the vaccine, purely because I have a major fear of needles. I had to stop giving blood because I kept fainting during it; my tendancy to faint has given rise to my fear of needles.

I'm not against having it. At the risk of sounding like a gert sissy boy cry baby, the only way anyone would get me to have it is if they sedate me/hold my hand/somehow keep me calm & relaxed whilst injecting me.

Vaccine will be injected into muscle and very different to getting a cannula into a vein. It’ll be done before you realise. Just look away. I tend to be someone who looks but we are all different.

I have a major fear of long Covid messing up the rest of my life. Fear the potential ever lasting consequences of Covid 19, not that of a two second injection.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Vaccine will be injected into muscle and very different to getting a cannula into a vein. It’ll be done before you realise. Just look away. I tend to be someone who looks but we are all different.
I am a needle-phobic too so I have been paying close attention to this!

I hated having regular venous INR blood tests but these days they only involve a fingerprick test. I absolutely loathed having a cannula put into a vein on the top of my hand for contrast dye infusion for a CT scan.

I have been watching vaccine testers having their arms stabbed though and they often don't even blink, so it clearly doesn't hurt much. TBH, it isn't even so much the thought of pain that worries me - it is the ickyness of someone fiddling about trying to find a vein... I had one unskilled nurse who probed about (painfully!) for over 20 seconds and I ended up in a sweating crumpled heap! :blush:

classic33

Leg End Member
@ColinJ, if you can remember the General Hospital, same site as current one. I had someone spend an hour trying for an hour to get blood from my left arm, before he gave up and took it from the right arm in seconds. He's equipment was set up for left arm only.

Birth mark has made it impossible to get blood from the left arm.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@ColinJ, if you can remember the General Hospital
I remember going with my ex to visit her mum in there years ago. Things were a bit different back then. They didn't have any vegetarian food on the menu so they just took the meat off the plate and served what was left, complete with meaty gravy! When she complained I heard them muttering that she was a "bloody 'ebden Bridge hippy"! :ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
I remember going with my ex to visit her mum in there years ago. Things were a bit different back then. They didn't have any vegetarian food on the menu so they just took the meat off the plate and served what was left, complete with meaty gravy! When she complained I heard them muttering that she was a "bloody 'ebden Bridge hippy"! :ohmy:
I know one of the chef's was vegetarian in there.

Main entrance was on the lower side, road just before the railway. Now a service entrance.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Could the airlines demand a vaccination certificate?

Qantas and airlines here in East Asia have already mentioned this week that they won't allow you to fly unless you provide a vaccination certificate.

However, that does pose an issue. In Hong Kong, we've had a load of cases imported from India and Nepal, HK does have a sizeable South Asian community. What's been discovered is that some people are paying for the certificate in those countries without taking the test. No reason why this won't happen with the vaccine.

Last edited:

lazybloke

Considering a new username

I'm also banned from donating blood, after fainting too many times (vasovagal reaction). Same thing has happened with hospital procedures.
Looking away from the needles is some help, but doesn't always work.

If you avoid jabs because of fainting then you may also be denying yourself important testing & other treatment.
Time to consider some phobia treatment maybe?

Top Bottom