creaky frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Had my carbon for two years. seems to have developed a noise that is somewhere between a crack and creak. Now i've tuned into it, i can hear it all the time. should i be worried? or do you think it's just general wear and tear and i'm being over sensitive about it? i can't see anything wrong with it, but the noise is only when im riding. It's not anything that's turning because it's not repetitive in that way. i can't hear it at all on smooth road, but hit a bit of rough and hear it quite a lot.

One LBS can't service it for 3 weeks, so am thinking of popping to another LBS that has just opened, on Thursday as i have the day off. they will have to take it for a ride to hear it.

raindog

er.....
How do you know it's your frame? Noises on bikes are notoriously difficult to pinpoint.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
raindog said:
How do you know it's your frame? Noises on bikes are notoriously difficult to pinpoint.

i don't to be honest, i can't pin point the noise but i don't think it's from anything rotating, so i'm presuming it might be the frame.

betty swollocks said:
Hey buggi: have a run through this

OMG... It could be ANYTHING :laugh:

My mate is gonna have a look over it on Friday night.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Cured! it was the seat. Guy at the shop worked it out after i told him the sound came from the front ;) ha ha

quick clean of the seat post etc and ... silence is golden ;)

Top Bottom