Create bikes 2010 improved for 250 quid???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiaaran

If i worked for Create i would give you a discount.
But sadly i don't.
I'm just a guy who bought one, and despite all the bad publicity, mine is actually pretty awesome, so, i wanted to put some good words out there for other people who are considering buying one, but are worried from all the bad reviews.
Just wanted to inject some confidence into potential customers.
not because i work for Create Bikes, but because i am happy with my Create Bike.
:biggrin:

hiltz

Create bikes are shoot...

I bought one in January and wouldn't recommend buying one...

I took the tyres straight off and put something better on... about three weeks in the bottom bracket starting making some noises.. about 5 weeks in the freewheel seized.... so i turned it into fixed (which is good because the brake pads wore out)... there is less flex in a wet 2-min noodle then there is in one of the create wheels. So anywho the bottom bracket I took apart and looked at, it was stuffed................

Just looked at it sitting here in my living room and its got a little bit of rust in places already as well.......

I didnt expect much out of a cheap bike like that, but in all honesty expected a little bit more than what i got............

hiltz

to add to this, I probably rode it about 150-200 miles a week as well, i maintained it (was a mechanic/wheel builder when i was younger, well i guess this should have said 'dont do it' 'dont do it')...

as it goes you just cant build a good bike for that kind of money. Next time i wont be such a tight ass when buying a bike!

actually already thinking about building my own and will after i finish my year of a couple of ironmans, ultra marathon and marathon swim :S

windsor0035

Create 2009

On 31st March 2010, I purchased a CREATE Bike from the cycledirect.com website.

I received the bike on Thursday the 1st April and used it the following weekend. On my 2nd ride, 2 of the spokes on the rear tyre broke off at the hub whilst I was riding.

The following Monday 5th of April, I contacted Jamie at your warehouse and he mentioned that I could get in touch FELLIA LTD, located at Unit 12, Ponders End Industrial Estate East Duck Lees Lane, Enfield, Middlesex. I contacted FELLIA LTD and Graham and the office organised to have the bike couriered back to the warehouse and for me to pick up a replacement bike that was assembled.

I picked up the new bike on Friday the 16th of April from Ponders End Industrial Estate and it was in a box. I was going to ride it to south-west London but they had not put it together. I promptly took the bike to my local bike shop to have it professionally assembled to avoid any further issue with the wheels.

Early in June my tyre started to disintegrate, which I had to replace. On Monday the 28th of June, I then had to replace the chain that had broken whilst I was riding. The following day whilst riding my bike 2 spokes on the rear tyre snapped off the hub at the centre of the wheel.

Please DO NOT BUY A CREATE BIKE or a BIKE FROM FELLIA LTD.

That is all thank you...

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The Bicycle doctor in Rusholme, Manchester had a create in stock, I looked at it (while I was having my fixed bikes rear wheel checked over to confirm that it was written off) and all I can say is, WOULD NOT TOUCH. It looked like a toy. Im no bike snob but these things look like a steaming heap of sh*t.

Worst thing was they had it parked next to a really nice retro looking Bianchi Pista fixed, haha - Made it look even worse.

Radius

SHREDDER
I would seriously advise anyone against buying a Create, unless you are willing to keep the unnecessarily heavy frame and upgrade almost all the major components. I have a lot of exposure to fixed gear bikes and riders, and never have I heard a success story about a Cr(e)ate without it being completely stripped and lots of money put into it - and that I have only seen done once.
Buy an old racer and convert. Simples.

SDavo

I would seriously advise anyone against buying a Create, unless you are willing to keep the unnecessarily heavy frame and upgrade almost all the major components. I have a lot of exposure to fixed gear bikes and riders, and never have I heard a success story about a Cr(e)ate without it being completely stripped and lots of money put into it - and that I have only seen done once.

I've just picked up a Create frame and fork, and am planning on building it up myself with some decent components. It might be a bit on the heavy side but that doesn't bother me - hopefully it'll help cushion some of the bumps and potholes. I'll let you know how it goes!

Goldie

Über Member
I've just picked up a Create frame and fork, and am planning on building it up myself with some decent components. It might be a bit on the heavy side but that doesn't bother me - hopefully it'll help cushion some of the bumps and potholes. I'll let you know how it goes!

Any chance of a few photos from Create owners? I've never seen one close to, in the flesh and - out of idle curiosity rather than any intent to purchase - I'd be really interested in seeing what they look like.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless

Radius speaketh the sense. I've never, ever heard a good word about Creates.
Get an old racer, and a fixie rear wheel.
You'll have a much better bike, and it'll be cheaper.

darrencottam

Right i'm looking for help.
been into fixies for a while but never bought one so i'm looking to buy one and just scouring through forum pages I see that create bikes have a bad name, but most of these posts are from early in the year. I've seen a create bike on ebay for £235 which at that price, is very inviting! but i've also seen an SE draft lite for only a bit more money... I am a keen BMX rider and own an SE quadangle so I know that SE bikes are good quality.
So please tell me, which should I get? have create bikes improved since last year, or should I go for the safer option?
feedback and advice would be appreciated

darrencottam

that's what I thought initially... I think i'll give it a miss and opt for an SE... build bmy collection a bit y'knowww!
might strecth to a lager woodgrain, the paint job on that is awesome, i'll get back soon and tell you my decision

darrencottam

well seeing as i'm new to single speed i'm not too bothered about high quality... but i'd much rather buy from a company I know are good than buy a create, my quadangle is well built and I have had no problems with it except a chainring bolt coming loose, i'm open to recommendations though as you guys know a hell of a lot more than i do

bikechick

HI

I've had a Create 2010 since late September this year. It cost me £210 with delivery off eBay and another 150,- to get it running properly. I had to change so many of the original components, I nicknamed the bike FRANKIE, after Frankenstein. Here is a list of things I needed to change:

1. Grips
2. Saddle - second hand San Marco
3. Bottom Bracket - got a 2nd hand Shimano
4. Back wheel - replaced by manufacturer, will get Mavics as soon as I get enough cash.
5. Freewheel - replaced by manufacturer, then bought a Shimano 18t
6. Chain ring - got a Sugino 42t off eBay
7. Crank set - got a Shimano Ultegra 2nd hand off eBay
8. Pedals - got old school vintage one, also 2nd hand, ebay again
9. TYRES!

The original back wheel didn't last two months. It had to be sent back to the manufacturer and replaced by a new one. The new freewheel that came with it was simply rubbish - it kept getting stuck. To be fair, however, I have to admit Create has amazing customer services. They are fast and really pro-active, but still that doesn't make up for the fact that they are selling a horrible product.

Again, on the bright side, I learned a lot about bike mechanics. So much I was able to do most of the customisation myself - except for the BB fitting as I don't have a torque wrench. I am now building my own fixie out of a 1980 Releigh with Reynolds 501 tubing. I'll still keep the Create - after all the time, effort and money I have to confess I got attached to the thingy. But the Releigh has definitely stolen my heart. You can tell that, even though it is an old bike, all the components are far, far superior to my Frankie's.

My suggestion if you are considering a Create: go on eBay or Gumtree. Type: Langster or Charge Plug. Cough up 250 quid and be the happy owner of a good quality bike!

Just my two cents!

Top Bottom