Cricket World Cup 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I've enjoyed it too, although I feel slightly uneasy about the bat/ball balance. The thing about an extended T20 - absolutely! It takes the excitement of that format, and removes a bit of the short format's caprice (a team can still come back into a match - where a spell of bad luck can mean the end of the competition in a game in T20).

AndyRM

XOXO
I thought the tournament was miles better than previous ODI World Cups. The reason is that it seems that 50 over format is now an extended T20. Loads of crash, bang, wallop batting and plenty of really tricky bowling. That, combined with the resurgence of genuine wicket taking pace bowling has made it a really entertaining spectacle.

The old days of pushing and prodding it around for 240 have long gone and good riddance to them. You need 340 now and the game's better for it. In that respect the cricket authorities have done a good job. Two white balls and 5 inside the ring have given the batters the opportunity to really go for it. I used to think 50 overs was the most boring form of International cricket but this World Cup has got me fancying going to a few this summer

You've summed up ODI very well there. Much as I love test cricket, 50 overs are starting to win me around. There's genuine skill on display these days, rather than the hoofing antics of T20.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I really hope they don't lower the number of teams able to play next time. Having some teams hang around eight days between matches is just silly. So, same number or more, teams and playing more often is the way forward.

Also, some of the best matches were amongst the non test playing nations so more power to them says me.

Not looking forward to a close and thrilling Ashes this summer!

I really hope they don't lower the number of teams able to play next time. Having some teams hang around eight days between matches is just silly. So, same number or more, teams and playing more often is the way forward.

Also, some of the best matches were amongst the non test playing nations so more power to them says me.

Not looking forward to a close and thrilling Ashes this summer!

The 2019 WC will be held in England & Wales. Now, given the state of the national team at present, and the mediocrity of the two-tier County Championship, it would seem that this is the chance to build for 2019.

But, no, unsurprisingly to me, the powers that be (knobbers, all of them) have decided to make it a 10 team tournament, possibly to spare England's WC team of more embarrassment, this time on home ground.

So, don't expect the quality of cricket, cricketers and teams (in England) to be considerably better in four years time when we have the mindset of dinosaurs running the game.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
You've summed up ODI very well there. Much as I love test cricket, 50 overs are starting to win me around. There's genuine skill on display these days, rather than the hoofing antics of T20.

I previously thought that 50 over ODIs would just die out naturally, leaving 5 day tests and T20. Seems the authorities have looked at the success of T20 and tweaked ODIs format. I still think it's not a fair contest between bat and ball but a lot of spectators and viewers want to see big hitting and there's nothing wrong with that

Top Bottom