Cricket World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
blimey. Five balls to spare.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
how the hell to England manage to loose that :angry: and what an amazing innings from O'Brien :bravo:

darkstar

Great performance from Ireland. As has been the trend with England lately in ODI's, the upper order batsmen perform well, then a good total of 350 is looking likely, then the lower order fail to do what they are supposed to do. They then make it worse by bowling poorly.

The India game was exactly the same, just we were lucky enough to get away with it.

Just goes to show, more countries should add themselves to the list of cricket-playing nations. Perhaps we need a wider field of (northern-hemisphere) summer test series. At present it seems to be England v. somebody and that's it.

Blue

Legendary Member
how the hell to England manage to loose that :angry: and what an amazing innings from O'Brien :bravo:

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

From a proud Irishman :hello:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My non-Irish side is happy!

I'm a cricket lover first and foremost and I'm happy to see the better team win! :bravo:

Well done to Ireland on a great performance! :cheers:

I'm a cricket lover too and it's great to see an up-and-coming Ireland team establishing itself as an international force - and earning itself a big place in the international record books. It seems that at the moment there are a few Irish players getting onto the English county circuit. With them getting experience of the longer form of cricket, it opens up a pathway for them to play test cricket.

I'm a cricket lover too and it's great to see an up-and-coming Ireland team establishing itself as an international force - and earning itself a big place in the international record books. It seems that at the moment there are a few Irish players getting onto the English county circuit. With them getting experience of the longer form of cricket, it opens up a pathway for them to play test cricket.

Eoin Morgan will be regretting his decision to represent England!

Does this mean that the match fixing suspicions over Ireland v Pakistan from the last cricket world cup now need re-evaluating?

First Bob Woolmer, next Andy Flower?

mangaman

Great result for Ireland. And the best innings ever by an amateur 26 year old, born in Dublin.

How different to our glorious "England" team - with Pietersen / Trott / Keiswetter / Morgan et al playing when fit.

They can all claim some British ancestor. Cricket is, after all, a British colonial sport, and most players have a British connection.

I've followed England to Australia for the ashes - and South Africa for that WC - but I was pleased to see a genuine Irishman (Kevin O'brien) kick the arses of the international blend that is England. (And has been since the 1980s)

Top Bottom