Cricket World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
South Africa choking, a bit like New Zealand do when it comes to rugby. What is it with these sporting goliaths?

Sri Lanka will be on course to do the same against England this weekend then...

imagesz.jpg

yello

NZ all but wrapped that one up.

On England's current form, I'm not sure I'd class them the Goliath to Sri Lanka's David!

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Typical..
I ( foolishly with hindsight ) selected my fantasy world cup side based on a SA victory. I now have 3 players who are out, and not enough substitutions left to replace them :sad:

mangaman

New Zealand always get to the semi-finals then choke themselves.

If we can beat Sri Lanka (unlikely - as I think they and India are the best teams left) - we can beat New Zealand and even the cup itself
ohmy.gif

SA and Australia already out means the field is down to the subcontinent teams, and England and NZ.

Logic wouldn't give us a chance - but I think we can do it!

darkstar

SPOILER!! FFS!
If you don't want to find out the results, how about not opening threads entitled "Cricket World Cup"?
thumbsup.png

England have done well to post that score, but Sri Lanka are used to this sort of wicket and conditions, they'll have a tough time defending it. I wouldn't bet either way though.

Dynamic from Sri Lanka eh?

Loads of fuss surrounding the macho antics of NZ - they are riding for a fall now... India and Pakistan to go hammer and tongs at each other, leaving Sri Lanka a pummelled target in the Final.

Agh! Dammit - *spoiler*

Dynamic from Sri Lanka eh?

Loads of fuss surrounding the macho antics of NZ - they are riding for a fall now... India and Pakistan to go hammer and tongs at each other, leaving Sri Lanka a pummelled target in the Final.

Agh! Dammit - *spoiler*

Sri Lanka did the business yesterday. This India v Pakistan match is something I would like to be present at - to see the fervour. Even to be in a town centre must be dramatically exciting.
Last night's reportage from The Guardian gives an inkling of the anticipation...

May the best team win, and be delivered to the feet of the Sri Lankans - for another fierce one - the Final. :smile:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
mental start from India - I don't want to spoil it for those who will be watching the highlights later, but this looks like a good 'un!

Top Bottom