• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Porte

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
One thing puzzles me as a recent convert to watching racing cycling.

I understand a criterium to be a short circuit race, often in a town.

Why is this race called a criterium when it's run over stages?

I wonder if people watching the tennis on Eurosport Player get little adverts popping up encouraging them to watch the cycling?

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Looking at the profile and elevations the course is not entirely flat. The first 2.5km are at about 4% and later on there is a incline of 5% over 2km.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Well, that was a bit of a stinker for Froome today, wasn't it? I don't think he's looked right at all so far this season but thought he might come good for the Dauphiné like he did last year.

I think that de Gendt will change tactics now and become a GC contender.

Will be interesting to see how he does on the tough mountain stages ahead. He's a strong climber but this is the first time he's ever held the lead in a major stage race, isn't it? So it's a real test of his temperament. About time he started living up to his potential though. I'm definitely rooting for him.

Sam Oomen (Giant-Sunweb) - won the Tour de l'Ain last year and just finished 9th overall at the Tour of California.

Finished 12th today, 50 seconds behind Porte, taking him up to 9th overall.

And another promising youngster, Pierre Latour, is in 11th - he won the white jersey at Romandie so is definitely worth keeping an eye on too.

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Bardet now 2.20 off the pace. Yates at 1.30, Dan Martin at 1.45, Chaves at 2.41. If any of those lot fancy their chances on GC they're going to have to do something pretty special in the mountains.

Adam4868

Guru
Porte i might have thought,but both contador and valverde both rode great TTs today.Bardet ? Needs to up is game before tour.I dont think id write froome off yet though,hes got some time to make back in the mountains which should be fun.

Top Bottom