Critical Mass London Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Valiant

Veteran
Critical Mass London Oct

With the absence of Tourist Tony, I shall stand in as his body double... So who's coming this friday?

6.30pm outside the NFT?

I hope to be there with Beatrix :rolleyes: and a couple of friends :rolleyes: Beatrix is weather dependant though.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Might even manage to get to this one! Will be the first for a long long time!

skut

I haven't been since last summer but planning to go to this time - what are the police like these days?

Pete

Shan't be able to make it this Friday, but next month perhaps? (November is often a 'good' CM isn't it?) Part of me says 'yes, keep in touch', the other part says .... er well let the better 'part' prevail! What's TT up to BTW, will he be back for November?

bonj2

What, may I ask, actually IS this 'critical mass' thing I keep hearing about, and what is the point in it?
And is it purely a london thing?

bonj2

User said:
Its about going for a ride with friends bonj - something you may find difficult to experience (given your lack of friends)...

And no it's not a London-centric thing. CMs happen all over the country.

Perhaps you should attend one. Then we would have proof that you can actually ride a bike!

is that it, just a bike ride? nothing more to it/sinister aboutit than that?

spindrift

The police are fab at CM, I think because they see for themselves the muppetry of London drivers. The cops ride Smith and Wessons and have always been polite and friendly.

bonj2

hmmm. An "innocent bike ride with friends" shouldn't require drafting in of police from other forces. Doesn't surprise me that bimbly's involved.

bonj2

So am I going to have to keep guessing, or are you going to tell me what the point of it is?
Sounds like a bit of a militant protest if there's 100s or 1000s of cyclists involved, but what are you protesting for/against?

skut

Well - sounds like it should be fun. Usually goes a bit slow for my liking, but I'm sure I'll tolerate it.:evil:

ps will be sporting my shiny new colnago fixie

OP
OP
Valiant

Valiant

Veteran
bonj said:
So am I going to have to keep guessing, or are you going to tell me what the point of it is?
Sounds like a bit of a militant protest if there's 100s or 1000s of cyclists involved, but what are you protesting for/against?

The point of it? Well to cycle around London with other cyclists and friends. CM isn't a protest.

It happens all over the world. The London one has been going for over 13 years now if I'm not mistaken. There are also others in Oxford, Cambridge, Birmingham, Southend, and Manchester. Though I'm pretty sure there are loads of others such as Liverpool, Nottingham, Edinburugh, Brighton etc

The London one happens every last friday of the month, meet at 6 on the southbank outside the National Film Theatre. Our small group of friends have been meeting up by the small brick wall on the right hand side.

Top Bottom