Crowdfunding for lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
Decent amount of fog this morning and too many road users without lights.

IMO they should be dragged from their car and shot, but again that's also why I'm not in a position of power! lol

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
[QUOTE 5021601, member: 259"]I swapped mine for a bag of gobstoppers.[/QUOTE]

Don't they look daft hanging from the back of your pedals?

Reactions: mjr
My understanding is Deliveroo riders are provided with lights, front and rear. If they can't be arsed to use them, then...
I was walking last night, and saw a cyclist approaching. He didn't have a front light. As he got closer I realised that he had one, it was just very dim. I called out to let him know - as he was wearing headphones, he stopped to ask what I said. Then I saw that his lights didn't look dim close up, they were just so low powered that they didn't do much good even from a few metres away. I also saw he was a deliveroo driver.

If that's the quality of lights they are giving to their riders, I understand why many don't bother with them.

(It was a well lit street. Maybe they are more visible on a dark street, but as they don't cast much light, the rider wouldn't be able to see much on a dark street)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If that's the quality of lights they are giving to their riders, I understand why many don't bother with them.
The legal requirement is only 4 candela but it's more likely that the batteries were too flat to get full brightness - white LEDs of that type/size seem to dim at a higher voltage than red.

Top Bottom