Crying In Public.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why?

Arch

Married to Night Train
walker said:
When someone crys, its nto right to do it in the middle of a public place

Oh, how lovely it is to be in a position where you can choose where to cry.
Some people are just heart-wrenchingly miserable or upset you know, I don't think many people (except those who are playing for sympathy, like politicians) deliberately cry in public...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Arch said:
Oh, how lovely it is to be in a position where you can choose where to cry.
Some people are just heart-wrenchingly miserable or upset you know, I don't think many people (except those who are playing for sympathy, like politicians) deliberately cry in public...
Indeed... :sad:

When my terminally ill father gripped my arm and asked me why I had to go home in the middle of the night, I had to explain that the sunlight streaming in through the window meant that this was 12 noon, not 12 midnight. He was so far gone that he no longer knew the difference between day and night.

I was desperately upset, but I did the Stiff Upper Lip thing and managed not to cry in the taxi. I managed not to cry at Coventry station, nor on the train to Leeds. I had a totally miserable time on the platform at Leeds, and on the local train to Hebden Bridge, but I didn't cry then. Unfortunately, as I started to walk back home from the station, I began to crack. I started walking faster. Not fast enough, though...

So if any residents of Hebden Bridge had to witness the unedifying sight of a big middle-aged man running weeping through the town a few years back, I take this opportunity to say sorry - I just wasn't strong enough. I'll try harder next time.

Aint Skeered

I have found this post awfully confusing, I trailed through Woolwch CC's site and found nothing about crying in public.
As the wise women of the web said, it is sometimes difficult to hide or control ones emotions

Arch

Married to Night Train
A couple of months ago, on a train home from Winchester, when we stopped at Sheffield, I spotted a woman crying her eyes out on a bench on the platform. She had a suitcase, so I guess she was going somewhere. Nothing I could do, stuck on the train, and people around were just ignoring her.

For some reason we sat there for about 10 minutes, but I had no way of knowing if I had time to get off and back on, so I sat there, watching her, and trying not to. Everyso often she'd wipe her eyes, sigh and seem Ok for moment, then she'd be in tears again. I really felt for her. Was she on her way to a funeral or dying relative? Had she just run away from a bad marriage? Broken up with a boyfriend? Was she just very, very unhappy? I'll never know, but I'll always wonder, and hope she felt better soon. Was there anything I could have done? I doubt it, but it made me feel very sorry for her.

OP
OP
walker

walker

Maybe I'm just heartless, I find it hard to cry even at the worst of times. Just I saw a woman crying at lunch time I thought, 'How Odd'

domtyler

Über Member
I am struggling to think of the circumstances that could make a grown man cry in public. I don't think I have cried for many, many years even in private, guess I'm just not that bothered about anything really. If something terrible happened to my wife or daughter then I might I guess.

OP
OP
walker

walker

domtyler said:
I am struggling to think of the circumstances that could make a grown man cry in public. I don't think I have cried for many, many years even in private, guess I'm just not that bothered about anything really. If something terrible happened to my wife or daughter then I might I guess.

I think your on the same mpage here Dom

Top Bottom