CTC membership?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I am seriously thinking about getting insurance for my bike. But do I do this by joining with CTC or is there another page just for insurance?

Also, are there any bargains out there when it comes to cycle insurance (cheapest deal, etc). I understand that British Cycling do insurance as well. Is it worth going through CTC just for their reliability and reputation of good service?

musa

Über Member
i was told about cycleguard...i believe its just insurance so the other options you have may be a better package

http://www.cycleguard.co.uk/Cyclehome.asp?product=Cycle&promCode=104137

Dan_h

I am a CTC member for a number of reasons...

(1) Insurance
(2) Legal advice / help if required
(3) People to ride to pubs with so I don't have to ride by myself all the time!

snorri

Legendary Member
Just tryed that and it turned out just a little bit less than CTC.

Comparing cost is only a small part of the matter. Have you compared the cover offered as described in the policy documents?

Toysrus sell bikes a little cheaper that your local bike shop, but would you buy a bike from Toysrus?

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Comparing cost is only a small part of the matter. Have you compared the cover offered as described in the policy documents?
Cycleguard seems to cover more about the actual bike side of things. CTC just gives you discounts and advice. I can atain advice from solicitors and lawyers and on here if I really need it.
I know what solicitors CTC uses, so I could just go directly to them for advice.

henshaw11

Just tried cycle gaurd, it's more than my car insurance. how does that work.

Hmm..181 for a 2k recumbent - sounds about right, other cycle-only policies I've looked at before seem to be about 10% of the bike's value - which is why adding it to household cover is often better, even allowing for a possibly higher quote otherwise.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
My bike is worth only £200 but with the things I have on it, it can easily reach £300. Not Much I know but it is still money and I would still like to get it insured.

redcard

Veteran
Insurance will most likely be just for the bike itself, not any removable accessories.

I pay £25 a year for my bike, and I said it was worth £250. Replace new for old, and no excess.

I went with Protect Your Bubble, not for any particular reason though.

Top Bottom