Cube Brand Bikes Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Does anyone know if Cube make bikes branded with another name ie make bikes for other companies?
When I was cycling in Menorca I met a couple on a ride with hired road bikes. They were both on the same 'make' which I had never heard of but they did look very nice. They told me they were made by Cube. I thought "I will remember that brand and google it". By the time I got back off my ride I had forgotten it :sad:.
I have been googling but no success so hence my question.

vickster

Legendary Member
The Internet doesn't offer up obvious info on Cube making bikes for anyone else. Might they have been Focus, another German bike brand? Or KTM?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
The Internet doesn't offer up obvious info on Cube making bikes for anyone else. Might they have been Focus, another German bike brand? Or KTM?
TBH I dont know. I met this couple for just 5 minutes in a layby. I commented on the bikes being nice & never heard of them etc. They told me Cube so assume they knew.
Like you, I googled it with no hits.
The reason for my interest.......Mrs D has decided against Greece so we are going back to Majorca. The bike I hired last time was OK at best and I really liked the look of those.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Probably some spiel the hire shop told the couple who hired the bikes to convince they where hiring quality.
common in some of the hire shops in majorca.
Another possibility. The hire shop we used gave us some right twaddle.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Could the brand be Swift? 499711

AuroraSaab

Veteran
A quick Google suggests Centurian is another brand used over there and this company only rent Cube and Centurian. Both are German brands so perhaps that is where the customer got the idea, or was given it. I could see a bike rental telling customers they were the same bikes, though the road bikes don't look quite the same.

https://www.huerzeler.com/en/mietraeder

Top Bottom