Cube Brand Bikes Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Last guess, a Spanish brand BERRIA?
https://www.berria-racing.com/

@Dave7 why was you cycle hire experience not particularly good?
Its a loooong answer so I will condense it.
We pre booked (months in advance) 2 bikes for 5 days. They knew our plan was for 40+ milers and I had asked them for routes...... which they promised but never provided.
One bike only had one bottle holder......no lugs to fit a 2nd one. They stated "this is the only bike we can offer you". I absolutely refused it and 15 minutes later, by miracle, one appeared.
The helmets were awful. Impossible to find one with both straps and without internal pads missing (my forehead was sore after day one)**.
My seat stem kept dropping..... I mean I would be riding along and suddenly 'bump' it dropped completely. It wouldn't tighten any more. I took it back 3 times before they admitted defeat and replaced it.
**we went back next morning and complained loudly. The manageress apololgised and yet another miracle found one with straps and some spare cushion pads to stick in.
I really could go on:wacko:

Stompier

Does anyone know if Cube make bikes branded with another name ie make bikes for other companies?
When I was cycling in Menorca I met a couple on a ride with hired road bikes. They were both on the same 'make' which I had never heard of but they did look very nice. They told me they were made by Cube. I thought "I will remember that brand and google it". By the time I got back off my ride I had forgotten it :sad:.
I have been googling but no success so hence my question.

Cube doesn't actually 'make' bikes either way. They simply call off production batches from one of the big OEM factories in China or Taiwan, much like nearly every other volume bike brand these days. The factory itself probably makes bikes/frames for a number of other manufacturers, to their own designs, much like Cube.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Thank you all for the help. After reading all replies I think the people I met must have given me duff info. As @Stompier says, Cube dont even "manufacture" their own. I am going to spend a pleasant hour trawling through the hire shops in Pollensa and see if anything jumps out.
Thanks again.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I suspect they were repeating what the bike rental shop had told them. It might well be true in a way if the frame comes from the same company that Cube use.

In the same way most low budget tv's, like Goodmans, Bush, Polaroid, are made in Turkey by Vestel. Vestel also assemble the low end models for bigger names like Panasonic and Toshiba, though with some different components. I would think the same is as true of bikes as anything else- frames made in the same factory, to the same or slightly different specification, and other bits attached of varying quality to meet a certain price point in the market. Evans Cycles own brand is Pinnacle. They often get good reviews but not sure who makes them for them.

Top Bottom