Cube Cross Hybrid Pro 400 vs Hybrid Pro Allroad 400?

Discussion in 'Electric Bikes' started by Paulq, 22 Apr 2019.

Tags:
  1. Paulq

Paulq Bike Rider, Beer Drinker, Biscuit Eater.

I already own a Haibike which I leave at my place in the Lakes - best thing I have ever bought.

I am looking to get another e-Bike to use at home and have narrowed it down to these:

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-Cross-Hybrid-Pro-400-2019-Electric-Hybrid-Bike_200365.htm

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-Cross-Hybrid-Pro-400-Allroad-2019-Electric-Hybrid-Bike_200366.htm

They `re basically the same bike with the allroad having guards and integrated lights but is a further £100.

Is it worth the extra cost do you think? I am also a bit confused by sizing as the shops are saying a 54 which sounds a bit on the small size. I am 5 feet 11 and am equally wary that the 58cm may have me too stretched out.

2. Goggs

Goggs Veteran

Whether you want/need mudguards & lights is a personal choice but I can tell you that the 58cm frame definitely would stretch you out. I own a 58cm Hyde Pro and at 6'2" I had to fit a shorter handlebar stem.

3. OP
    OP
    Paulq

Paulq Bike Rider, Beer Drinker, Biscuit Eater.

Thanks - I ended up going for the option with lights and mudguards in a 54 frame and am very happy with it. I find the Bosch system slightly less agricultural than the Yamaha and am really pleased with them both.

Goggs likes this.
  4. Ananda

Ananda Regular

That is very subjective.....I own a 58cm hyde too and at 6'1" I had to fit a longer stem with a steeper 17° angle pointing down. Go figure.....

5. Goggs

Goggs Veteran

Fair point. I guess I have long legs & a relatively short back as compared with yourself.

6. Ananda

Ananda Regular

Well, I am all legs and arms and have a short torso too (36" inseam and 6' 6" wingspan).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice