Cube Cross Hybrid Pro 400 vs Hybrid Pro Allroad 400?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulq

Bike Rider, Beer Drinker, Biscuit Eater.
I already own a Haibike which I leave at my place in the Lakes - best thing I have ever bought.

I am looking to get another e-Bike to use at home and have narrowed it down to these:

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-Cross-Hybrid-Pro-400-2019-Electric-Hybrid-Bike_200365.htm

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-Cross-Hybrid-Pro-400-Allroad-2019-Electric-Hybrid-Bike_200366.htm

They `re basically the same bike with the allroad having guards and integrated lights but is a further £100.

Is it worth the extra cost do you think? I am also a bit confused by sizing as the shops are saying a 54 which sounds a bit on the small size. I am 5 feet 11 and am equally wary that the 58cm may have me too stretched out.

Goggs

Guru
Whether you want/need mudguards & lights is a personal choice but I can tell you that the 58cm frame definitely would stretch you out. I own a 58cm Hyde Pro and at 6'2" I had to fit a shorter handlebar stem.

OP
OP
Paulq

Paulq

Whether you want/need mudguards & lights is a personal choice but I can tell you that the 58cm frame definitely would stretch you out. I own a 58cm Hyde Pro and at 6'2" I had to fit a shorter handlebar stem.

Thanks - I ended up going for the option with lights and mudguards in a 54 frame and am very happy with it. I find the Bosch system slightly less agricultural than the Yamaha and am really pleased with them both.

Ananda

That is very subjective.....I own a 58cm hyde too and at 6'1" I had to fit a longer stem with a steeper 17° angle pointing down. Go figure.....

Goggs

Guru
That is very subjective.....I own a 58cm hyde too and at 6'1" I had to fit a longer stem with a steeper 17° angle pointing down. Go figure.....

Fair point. I guess I have long legs & a relatively short back as compared with yourself.

@Paulq how are you getting on with the Allroad? I’ve been think of an emtb for me, following Mrs SnGs total enjoyment of her Reaction Pro, from 2017, and I would probably use for commuting too, but also some of the downs off-road paths locally.

Do you find it heavy?

Also, I’m 5’ 11 too, with a 32” leg, how did the 54 frame fit for comfort?
Thanks
SnG

OP
OP
Paulq

Paulq

@Paulq how are you getting on with the Allroad? I’ve been think of an emtb for me, following Mrs SnGs total enjoyment of her Reaction Pro, from 2017, and I would probably use for commuting too, but also some of the downs off-road paths locally.

Do you find it heavy?

Also, I’m 5’ 11 too, with a 32” leg, how did the 54 frame fit for comfort?
Thanks
SnG

Very well and am enjoying it very much. It's a far better put together bike than my HaiBike and I do prefer the Bosch system to the Yamaha. In terms of size I find it fine and I am 5' 11" with a 31 inside leg so you shouldn't have too much difficulty. Try before you buy though....

Thanks Paul, I’ll continue my research!

Top Bottom