Cube or ribble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SS Retro

Probably right, I am 5ft 8in and a bit and ride a 56cm
Really?
5'10" 53cm on the steel winter bike and 51cm on the Cinelli good bike, at 5' 8" you cant have much seatpost out?

Is 56cm a different size in Germany?
In case you did not know, every bike has slightly different sizing and Cube more so than most. I would imagine that other makes like Focus have different sizes again. Perhaps best to actually understand bike sizing before posting this stuff as it does not help anyone.

SS Retro

Ah sorry for that 20+ years of road riding and several different brands owned, I must be mistaken, anyway good luck with your cube. :thumbsup:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
and that's why the OP decided to go for cube . Because he can take it for a test ride to make sure its the right size . Why anyone would spend money on a bike they cant try out for size is beyond me :laugh:

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

Like I've mentioned I couldnt take the ribble for a ride they said a 56 went to leisure lakes bikes in southport ,they stuck some pedals on the cube for me and let me go for a quick spin ,that's the difference in one shop wanting my £1000 and ribble couldn't be bothered

Cubist

Still wavin'
I am 5'11" with long legs and shortish reach. I got a 58 Peloton and found it just a wee bit too big. Now I'm on a 56 and prefer the shorter reach. Younger backs may differ though.....

and that's why the OP decided to go for cube . Because he can take it for a test ride to make sure its the right size . Why anyone would spend money on a bike they cant try out for size is beyond me :laugh:
Lol, heres the thing, I thought I would be a 53cm, but I tried a friends 53cm Cube and it was too cramped for me. I don't have any Cube dealers near me so I took a calculated gamble on a 56cm online, and it fits me like a glove. But obviously it is better to try first, certainly if you are buying italian;)

Top Bottom