Cube or ribble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

I've got a headache it's not this hard buying a car

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Having both an alu and carbon Giant I would say go for the carbon . Saying that , my bikes are the two extremes . Defy 5 and TCR1 Advanced .
The Defy is nice to ride , the TCR is insane . What happens between the two I wouldn't know as ive not had a ride on them .

SteCenturion

I am your Father
No only the finest Italian for me I am afraid, as said before Cube = BMW, Cinelli=Ferrari :thumbsup:
Cinelli - good ice cream man - not the finest Italian brand though (may have been good 'back in the day') an also ran these days imho.

Modern cycles such as the Cube have plenty of seatpost showing & Italian sizing is also notoriously small.

I have an Italian carbon bike (size large/56) & I am 6ft 0 with a 33' leg.

A Cube dealer recommended I buy a size 60 - I will buy a 58 regardless of his opinion.

Cinelli = Fiat, Cube = Audi.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
bike sizing is weird, I fit a small/medium in the Raleigh ( 55cm ), however the geo is very similar to the Spez 56cm L on my Langster. My Giant SCR 2 however was a 56cm L as well, but much more stretched out with longer top tube length. Goes to show not all bikes are created equal. Oh and I`m 6ft with a similar inside leg.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
So right Messieur Grumpy.

Not only do we not get regular sizing in bike frames from brand to brand but we have to endure wild fluctuations in shoe sizing (especially Italian), different bottom bracket sizing - standards, seatposts @ 27.2 - 30.9 & 31.6 & on & on.

I have lost count of the wrong size orders I have made over tinterweb.

Last edited:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I've got a headache it's not this hard buying a car
What a lovely headache to have though.

Better than the one I had after telling my other half "I've bought a new bike"

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

I did have my heart set on the sporting azzurro but poor sales assistant ,poor customer service ,plus the £65 admin fee and the poor review on the rodi wheels have put me of buying the ribble it will be the cube I've made my mind up and I don't change after that lol

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

Oh I've been there and worn the the t shirt .....lol ,after many nany years I'm enjoying not answering to someone lol spend what I want when I want ;)

Top Bottom