Cube or ribble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am 5'11" with long legs and shortish reach. I got a 58 Peloton and found it just a wee bit too big. Now I'm on a 56 and prefer the shorter reach. Younger backs may differ though.....
Ah I suppose this is where body shape comes in. I have long arms but shorter legs and the 56 is good for me, mind you all my research showed me that a Cube 56 is equivalent to a 53/54cm in most other brands.

I am 5'5", 28" inside leg and use 50cm agree sl and a 46cm nature pro

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Like I've mentioned I couldnt take the ribble for a ride they said a 56 went to leisure lakes bikes in southport ,they stuck some pedals on the cube for me and let me go for a quick spin ,that's the difference in one shop wanting my £1000 and ribble couldn't be bothered
But the shop that wanted it wont be getting it as you have seen a better offer .

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Lol, heres the thing, I thought I would be a 53cm, but I tried a friends 53cm Cube and it was too cramped for me. I don't have any Cube dealers near me so I took a calculated gamble on a 56cm online, and it fits me like a glove. But obviously it is better to try first, certainly if you are buying italian;)
But sitting on the bike in the shop will tell you if its the right size . Its the need to take it out of the shop and up and down the road that baffles me . If they let you go off for a few hours I could understand . Do they let you do that ?

vickster

Legendary Member
longer stem, seat back? go ride it...if in between sizes, better go smaller than larger. I am 5'10 and ride 54cm bikes with a 100mm stem. Even allowing for Cube's different sizing, two up sounds a lot

...or find something else (British ;) :smile: )

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

It felt weird for me because I've always had hybrids so I'm going of the advice if the shop staff,you always seem to give honest advice vickster ,shop staff said I looked right on a 58 and if I went 56 I'd be sat upright more

vickster

Legendary Member
Upright works for me and following surgery for chronic tennis elbow caused by a too big bike, I err on the smaller size

I think you can tell quickly if a bike is not right, even sitting on it in store

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

longer stem, seat back? go ride it...if in between sizes, better go smaller than larger. I am 5'10 and ride 54cm bikes with a 100mm stem. Even allowing for Cube's different sizing, two up sounds a lot

...or find something else (British ;) :smile: )
Trouble is all this looking for a bike for £1000 well there's 100's of posts and I'm getting headaches lol

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

That's what I'm thinking if I get a 56 cube I can raise the seat and adjust the seat to compensate if needed

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

Paid a visit to buy a bike which is only 10 minutes by car and they have 2014 defy 1 ally for £999 or a defy3 composite for £1099 defy 1 is 105 and the 3 has tiagra they look very nice in red and black going to mull it over this week too many bikes to choose from :sad:

Top Bottom