Cube sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am looking at a Cube Attain, and the size guide on Chain Reaction Cycles is saying I should be on a 60cm frame!

I am 6ft (183cm), and would usually be between a 56 and a 58cm frame on previous bikes.

A bit of googling comes up that Cube sizes are generally smaller than other manufacturers.

Is anybody here riding a ride, at 6ft? If so what size frame are you using?

Tiger10

Über Member
I am 5' 11.5" and am on a 56cm frame with no problems, i have longish legs ie take 34" leg trousers and i think there is quite a lot of seatpost adjustment left.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I am looking at a Cube Attain, and the size guide on Chain Reaction Cycles is saying I should be on a 60cm frame!

I am 6ft (183cm), and would usually be between a 56 and a 58cm frame on previous bikes.

A bit of googling comes up that Cube sizes are generally smaller than other manufacturers.

Is anybody here riding a ride, at 6ft? If so what size frame are you using?
Surely this is such an important factor that only throwing your leg over the bike in question will give you the answer?

OP
OP
PhilDawson8270

PhilDawson8270

Veteran
Surely this is such an important factor that only throwing your leg over the bike in question will give you the answer?

Buying local isn't an option unfortunately. It is a commuter bike for me.

My lbs isn't deserving of my business, and it would be unfair still to use them just to size up a bike.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One

My lbs isn't deserving of my business, and it would be unfair still to use them just to size up a bike.
So what size are you thinking Phil?
If you are happy to buy from the Internet without trying for size then personally I would get the 58cm. Tiger10 has longish legs for his height therefore a shorter torso so he sounds as though he is fine with the shorter top tube of the 56cm frame.
What size is your inside leg?
A friend of mine is 6' 3" and rides a 60cm Cube although I cannot remember which model and year it is. The geometry may be different to the Attain.

U

User6179

I just go by Horizontal top tube length, head tube height and number of spacers plus stand over height as I have short legs for my height .

If you compare these sizes with one of your bikes the worst case scenario is you will need a slightly shorter or longer stem on the new bike .

OP
OP
PhilDawson8270

PhilDawson8270

Veteran
So what size are you thinking Phil?
If you are happy to buy from the Internet without trying for size then personally I would get the 58cm. Tiger10 has longish legs for his height therefore a shorter torso so he sounds as though he is fine with the shorter top tube of the 56cm frame.
What size is your inside leg?
A friend of mine is 6' 3" and rides a 60cm Cube although I cannot remember which model and year it is. The geometry may be different to the Attain.

I compared the geometry with one of my other bikes that fits fine. And it looks like a 58cm frame is the "right" size.

OP
OP
PhilDawson8270

PhilDawson8270

Veteran
I just go by Horizontal top tube length, head tube height and number of spacers plus stand over height as I have short legs for my height .

If you compare these sizes with one of your bikes the worst case scenario is you will need a slightly shorter or longer stem on the new bike .

I did this, and it looks closer to 58cm frame rather than the 60cm that Cube suggests.

So I think I will go for that size.

Bryony

Veteran
I'm buying a cube and my lbs said that cube don't take their sizes from top tube measurements, they use the measurements from the front of the steerer tube to the back of the seat post. I'm getting a 53 but it's more like a 50/51.

al3xsh

Über Member
I'm 6 foot and riding a 56 attain sl disc. I initially tried the 58 and my lbs said they thought I looked a bit stretched out so they gother in a 56 to try as well. I felt like the 56 was just a bit more comfortable for me (and nearly 3000 miles later I'm still very happy with the bike!).

Enjoy!

Levo-Lon

Guru
I have a cube mtb..in small..at 5'8 the sugested medium was way too big.
granted its an mtb but id say cubes are on the big size

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
6ft and riding a 59cm Cube Cross Race, could possibly gone down size . However would then have needed to get a longer stem. Frame is more traditional design rather than sloping top tube. interestingly my road bike a Raleigh Militis is a small/medium 55cm, different geometry but top tube length very similar give or take 5-10mm. Too good a deal to pass up hence I could of gotten be up a size.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My understanding is that a couple of years ago Cube changed their sizing to be more in line with other manufacturers. Certainly I used to be a 60 in Cube compared to a 58 elsewhere.

I would certainly be slinging a leg over one at my LBS and giving them at least the chance to get close or match the internet retailer.

Top Bottom