Cunobelin wears a lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
doog

doog

There have been plenty, but IIRC you ""couldn't be arsed" to read them

Try Post 31

A whole list of examples.... but again you "couldn't be arsed"

Where in that lot do you say you wear a helmet ? You have knowledge of helmets, we all know that however mostly its used to question peoples completely innocent motives on wearing one.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
You probably need to get on the wrong side of a few posters on here to understand vitriol. Constantly calling people liars is vitriolic and I stand by my claim. I also dont recall him ever advertising his helmet wearing habits..if skirting the issue over several years / forums whilst telling people they are wearing helmets for entirely the wrong reason isnt hiding the fact, then what is ?
Why does he need to advertise his helmet wearing habits, isn't it up to him? He hasn't hidden it, there appears to be a number of people on this thread that were aware that he wore a helmet, whilst it's quite possible that some have met him or have seen photos of him I'm pretty sure that I haven't, but I knew, so he hasn't been hiding it very well has he?
I refer you to post #32 from @roadrash

doog, you started with one of these

schop_87_spade_struikgewasspade_www_rlarson_com.jpg

if you carry on digging that hole , then you will need one of these

JCB-8085-ZTS-IMAGE-11-e1358455998746.jpg

read what is written and try to understand it from a neutral position

martint235

Dog on a bike
You probably need to get on the wrong side of a few posters on here to understand vitriol. Constantly calling people liars is vitriolic and I stand by my claim. I also dont recall him ever advertising his helmet wearing habits..if skirting the issue over several years / forums whilst telling people they are wearing helmets for entirely the wrong reason isnt hiding the fact, then what is ?
So if I were to say "You shouldn't wear a cotton cap if you want to keep your hair dry in the rain", that would be wrong unless I stated that I wear a cotton cap?

From what I've seen of Cunobelin's posts on the subject it tends to be around pro-choice and doing some research on what your helmet will protect you from. Whether or not he wears a helmet is irrelevant to those two issues.

benb

Evidence based cyclist

And yet despite several requests, you haven't been able to link to any posts that could be described as "anti-helmet vitriol" nor been able to support your claim that he has hidden his helmet wearing decisions.

Give up - you're making yourself look desperate and foolish.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I'm quite looking forward to annoying @doog and getting my own thread when he finds photos from when I used to wear a helmet :smile:
In the interests of saving some time, I'd also like to point out that the pixellated blur in my profile picture is a helmet and a pair of inline skates (and the setting is Goodwood motor circuit, where I had just finished racing while wearing both of them)

winjim

Smash the cistern
I watched an episode of University Challenge a few months ago, which introduced me to the tu quoque logical fallacy. It's really a specific type of argumentum ad hominem. You know when you learn about something and then suddenly start seeing it all over the place?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
In the interests of saving some time, I'd also like to point out that the pixellated blur in my profile picture is a helmet and a pair of inline skates (and the setting is Goodwood motor circuit, where I had just finished racing while wearing both of them)
Did you win?

OP
OP
doog

doog

I say!!!! This is all rather exciting, I was going out for a quick spin this afternoon, but this thread is far more entertaining :dance: will It end like this:boxing: or hopefully like this :smooch:

It'll probably end up in a locked thread with Cunobelin having the last word wittering on about tripping up some stairs carrying a laundry basket, having just narrowly avoided knocking himself out when reaching for a tin of beans from the kitchen cupboard. All highly dangerous activities worthy of wearing a lid.

OP
OP
doog

doog

I'm quite looking forward to annoying @doog and getting my own thread when he finds photos from when I used to wear a helmet :smile:

You wouldnt be on the radar im afraid. I dont recall you bleating on about the risk of smacking your head on a beam in a olde worlde pub, having previously negotiated an icy street whilst safely avoiding tripping up a kerb....if you go down that path i'll let you know.

OP
OP
doog

doog

Thsi thread makes a lot more sense now I understand that your complaint is not with whether Cunobelin is correct or not, but simply that he is a Bad Man for not validating your life choices.

My life choices dont come into it, ive never jumped on a bandwagon or had an agenda across several cycling forums over several years. Only he can explain why he doesnt wear a lid in the shower but wears one on a three wheeled bike...according to him the former is equally as dangerous as the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom