Cycle Bib's and Padded Clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
To the OP, you shouldn't have issues returning anything online, just keep the tags on and all the original padding. Try them on carefully. And although padded shorts are worn commando, I'd try them on with underwear!

Wiggle are great for returns as they provide a free collect + label. Oh and delivery is free too :smile:. Refunds usually processed in a couple of days of receipt

Instead of joggers, in the summer, you may find it more comfortable in a pair of baggy shorts, 3/4 lengths or trousers in a technical fabric of the the walking variety, especially with Velcro round the ankles. Something like a crag hopper, which you can buy easily from debenhams or tk maxx

OP
OP
PlymSlimCyclist

PlymSlimCyclist

Veteran
All sorts, really … up to my 100 mile limit at which my legs turn into pumpkins. I wear touring type shorts which come with detachable padded undershorts. Or swap the undershorts for tights in winter.

Just go for what you find comfortable and practical. A lot of people here recommend bibs so they’re worth a go.
Thanks Dogtrousers. Will definitely give the padded boxers a go, mine were bought from ebay, so I'm a little reluctant, but will see when I have another ride.

Vickster, I don't usually have issues returning things, but I thought I'd ask, as I know you're not meant to wear underwear with things like bib's, and you sit directly on top of the padding.
I would definitely try them on with underwear though, more for my peace of mind.

Thank you for the suggestion too, will look about, the joggers are just a default for me these days, easier to put them on and get on with it than worry about things.

Top Bottom