Cycle cam bus driver......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Where do you cycle Alan?

not often I agree with you Glenn, but I know where you come from on this. Whipps is a crap junction for everybody, even worse for cycling coming from Green man .

a decent aerial bridge for Peds and cyclists would work here but LBWF are useless at doing good infrastructure.

Mile195

Veteran
I find that a lot of the people (not all of course) that find massive amounts of material to post on the internet of bad driving look like they've gone to find it really. There are a small minority of cammers that seem to go deliberately antagonising drivers because they're filming it.

I have a camera on my bike, but only really for my own protection "in case" anything ever happens. But I rarely have things happen that genuinely catch me off guard. I find most bad driving can be anticpated and I slow down or move accordingly (regardless of whether or not it's my right of way- I just want to get to work intact!).

My camera mostly gets used for showing my other half any particularly cute doggies I cycled past in Eltham Park when I get home... Or for me to take a second look at any "talent" that was walking along any given pavement that I couldn't safely check out properly at the time!...

jarlrmai

Veteran
Honestly, I don't post much to YT these days however I have a tiny commute that is only a mile or so and takes 10 minutes, I would say each day there is at least one dangerous or aggressive bit of driving that I can't avoid, generally close passes or MGIF's. My commute takes me through my town centres via a one way system and mostly through 20 mph zones by 2 schools. I'll generally see 1 or 2 mobile phone users as well. This is in 10 minutes.

There is also one bit of 40mph where I need to right turn into a filter on the way home, I would say every time there are people behind me my signal is ignored I mean literally they just keep moving at their speed past me when i have my arm extended.

I am riding a mtb style hybrid, dressed in my work gear (no lycra) and my hat, with high vis snap bands around my trousers.

If I wasn't battle hardened from my longer commutes and club rides I would be pretty scared and probably not bother riding, especially at the 40mph right turn bit.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Not checking over your shoulder when changing road position is why so many cyclists get hit.
they often dont look or look and vere right as there not relaxed so steer while looking.
the vid guy ....usual self righteous prick on the warpath.
at least he wears a high viz while he rides all over the road so there will be a coat to put over his head when he gets squashed..

If you'd read the thread you'd know the following vehicle was the reporter's. And less of the gruesome fantasies about crushed cyclists please.

400bhp

Guru
I think I saw this on the BBC website earlier. He's got "sue perb" on his hi vis. Wasn't there a "sue perb" on here, getting some stick from other posters?

Oooh, think that's a good call. The guy who got punched and didn't seem very honest about his initial actions?

boydj

Legendary Member
Not checking over your shoulder when changing road position is why so many cyclists get hit.
Have you got some evidence to back that up? My impression was that the main cause of cyclists being hit was motorists not looking properly.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Oooh, think that's a good call. The guy who got punched and didn't seem very honest about his initial actions?
That's the one, total plum, he disappeared from here after he got called out on......well let's say embellishing.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
This guy is a nobber for sure. He should be staying at home and looking after his children.

If you go round every waking minute looking for trouble, I am sure that on an island packed with vehicles, you can find it.

He needs to get a life.

Top Bottom