Cycle camera w*****s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't have a car or a driving licence but I see ridiculously irresponsible cycling acts every day as a cyclist.
None more so than the idiots with those stupid helmet cameras who think they've got the divine right to film anything and everyone without consent whilst they act as annoying, boorish, rude, intimidating and obnoxious as they please cycling like Evil Kineval under the impression they own the entire road surface instead of share it with other users.
Neither of these two are in the right in the way that they are acting but the camera wearing P*** clearly started this to provoke a reaction which in law is called Entrapment.
If you want proof it's in this clip and if you want to know why so many motorists hate cyclists the behaviour of this one pretty much sums it up!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fKof31u-2o

I don't drive, but I do claim the lane. I'm entitled to the same room a car driver needs to stay safe on the road. Whether they like that fact is another matter.

As for using a camera on the public highway, there's no law against it. You don't own copyright of your own features, in the UK. You stand a greater chance of actually being caught on private CCTV, than by a cyclist with a collision camera in use.

For what it's worth, helmet mounted lights are a bigger danger. Turn your head and the wrong colour light is now showing in the wrong direction, illegal but you get those who just don't care about that bit.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Did I miss the bit where Evel Kineval jumps 52 buses on his motor bike? Maybe the OP posted the wrong video?

Slick

Guru
Ronnie Pickering has been put down? Everything I ever believed in was a lie!
Maybe just a stand in and everything is good with the universe. :okay:

OP
OP
BluesDave

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
Clearly an emotive issue but then I never could get this modern obsession with filming every damn thing and using it against people.
One pattern I have noticed I that it seems to be mostly or predominantly men who use these things. So is it a gender thing or do women just have more sense common or otherwise?

classic33

Leg End Member
Clearly an emotive issue but then I never could get this modern obsession with filming every damn thing and using it against people.
One pattern I have noticed I that it seems to be mostly or predominantly men who use these things. So is it a gender thing or do women just have more sense common or otherwise?
I'm just one man, who uses a collision camera, who's got hold of similar cameras for four women who cycle.

Maybe your approach to the subject is wrong.

For what it's worth, helmet mounted lights are a bigger danger. Turn your head and the wrong colour light is now showing in the wrong direction, illegal but you get those who just don't care about that bit.

Many helmet mounted lights are a menace even if facing the "right" way. Worst _ rear flashers boasting names like retina fryer or something. Oh so cleverly at rider's head height and so oh so cleverly positioned to flash straight into the eyes of a following cyclist, particularly on a cycling lane. Next time I have the misfortune to follow one I'll suggest they shove it up their arse. Far more aerodynamic.

Top Bottom