Cycle camera w*****s

Discussion in 'Advocacy and Cycling Safety' started by BluesDave, 3 Feb 2019.

1. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

I don't drive, but I do claim the lane. I'm entitled to the same room a car driver needs to stay safe on the road. Whether they like that fact is another matter.

As for using a camera on the public highway, there's no law against it. You don't own copyright of your own features, in the UK. You stand a greater chance of actually being caught on private CCTV, than by a cyclist with a collision camera in use.

For what it's worth, helmet mounted lights are a bigger danger. Turn your head and the wrong colour light is now showing in the wrong direction, illegal but you get those who just don't care about that bit.

2. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

Did I miss the bit where Evel Kineval jumps 52 buses on his motor bike? Maybe the OP posted the wrong video?

theclaud, Heltor Chasca and HLaB like this.
  3. Slick

Slick Veteran

Whilst it is an old clip, it remains one of my firm favourites. Could only be improved if it was Ronnie Pickering himself in the clip. :laugh::laugh:

Slioch and Eddy like this.
  4. Drago

Drago Guru

Although, if you're going to post inflammatory threads you may as well go for a tried and proven subject.

Banjo, Slioch and boydj like this.
  5. Slioch

Slioch Male, white, age 57

We haven't had a Ronnie Pickering thread for a while.................:whistle:

Slick and Drago like this.
  6. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

who ??

7. classic33

Slick likes this.
  8. Drago

Drago Guru

Ronnie Pickering has been put down? Everything I ever believed in was a lie!

9. Slick

Slick Veteran

Maybe just a stand in and everything is good with the universe. :okay:

classic33 likes this.
  10. classic33

Nah

Slick likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    BluesDave

BluesDave Formerly known as DavidDecorator

Clearly an emotive issue but then I never could get this modern obsession with filming every damn thing and using it against people.
    One pattern I have noticed I that it seems to be mostly or predominantly men who use these things. So is it a gender thing or do women just have more sense common or otherwise?

12. sheddy

sheddy Guru

No - laydeze just prefer to appear in photos taken by lads.

13. classic33

I'm just one man, who uses a collision camera, who's got hold of similar cameras for four women who cycle.

Maybe your approach to the subject is wrong.

14. Drago

Drago Guru

Ah, I paid the extra tenner and bought an anti collision camera. Much safer.

C R, DCBassman, Bazzer and 3 others like this.
  15. Blue Hills

Blue Hills ^

Many helmet mounted lights are a menace even if facing the "right" way. Worst _ rear flashers boasting names like retina fryer or something. Oh so cleverly at rider's head height and so oh so cleverly positioned to flash straight into the eyes of a following cyclist, particularly on a cycling lane. Next time I have the misfortune to follow one I'll suggest they shove it up their arse. Far more aerodynamic.

C R, Drago and classic33 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice