Cycle camera w*****s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 5524897, member: 9609"]He should of just handed that footage of the dangerous overtake into the police and let the police prosecute. [/QUOTE]
Yeah cos that's what happens all the time...

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Neither of these two are in the right in the way that they are acting but the camera wearing P*** clearly started this to provoke a reaction which in law is called Entrapment.
If you want proof it's in this clip and if you want to know why so many motorists hate cyclists the behaviour of this one pretty much sums it up!

Whilst neither of these two come out smelling of roses, why do you think the cyclist even has the camera? Do you think it could be because he is fed up with being treated as a target by people such as this driver who in my opinion should not be in charge of a teddy bear never mind a lethal weapon? Stand back a moment an think objectively, the cyclist is riding along in a good legal position, Mr Toad comes along and commits a crime putting the cyclists life in danger just so he can save a few seconds. Entrapment would be forcing the driver to drive like a nob, not just recording it on the camera. I would not have bothered to chase down the driver, but when the cyclist did, who escalated the discussion, it was the potty mouth driver. Yet you want to come on and blame the cyclist. :wacko:

Jody

Stubborn git
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoh_BrHcgfC9vS7G_EDPc3soRQHDcAUuFYlJFfK2hgAMp3TMea.jpg

U

User6179

I concur, the ones who like to poke the bear then upload to Youtube are cockwombles but I do enjoy watching the videos :laugh:

nickAKA

Über Member
The One Show had a bland but supportive piece yesterday about the rise of dashcams and cyclecams, and how they can be used by the Police to deal with cockwombles in nine minutes rather than nine hours. So put that in your pipe & smoke it, rude OP :laugh:

As usual, the 'live' responses from offended drivers were priceless... the usual tosh about registration plates & insurance, implying cyclists create a fraction of the carnage (some) motorists do.
Oh, my aching sides.

mustang1

Guru
Hilarious. Haven't seen that one for a while.

Drago

Legendary Member
...clearly started this to provoke a reaction which in law is called Entrapment.

No its not. It's called provocation. Under certain circumstances provocation might be used in mitigation, but it is most definitely not a defence.

When starting a thread berating a certain class of person and questioning the legality of their behaviour you should be seeking advice from a solicitor, not the Daily Mail's Twitbook page. Your gross misunderstanding of the law serves only to undermine any point you were attempting to make.

Last edited:

Tizme

Veteran
I tend not to use my camera now as most of the time I am doing my best to avoid busy roads as I no longer commute, however I wore it virtually all the time when I was.
I got one after I was threatened by 3 blokes in a truck, they had obviously all been drinking, they pulled alongside me so the passenger could have a go at me and when I turned off they back-tracked to come back at me a second time, I reported the incident to the Police but video evidence would have gone a long way to finding them and possibly prosecuting (I wouldn't have held my breath!). Two days later I was very nearly taken out by a van overtaking a car coming towards me, the driver clearly saw me but decided to overtake anyway (the laugh and wave as he passed was the give away). I had been thinking about getting one prior to this anyway, as the incidents of close passing on my 29 mile round trip, commute over mainly country roads, seemed to be on the increase.
I realised that the chances were that if I had been killed or seriously injured in either of those incidents the perpetrators would almost definitely got away with it and my family would have forever wondered what had happened. I felt, and still do, that I won't get justice, but my family might get some answers/closure.
I suspect most of those who use cameras do so because they have been subjected to incidents like mine.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Since 22 Nov 2018 I started keeping a list of drivers reported to the police online. I have reported twenty. That's just over one per week.

Of those, only 2 were NFA. 6 received Notices of Intended Prosecution (2 of those for mobile phone fiddling in moving cars) and 12 received advisory/warning letters. I hope that might be 18 drivers held accountable who "up their game" for whatever reason.

Drago

Legendary Member
They wont. People who habitually break the law and/or endanger the lives of those around them take no heed whatsoever of such letters. Several forces kept records to see if it would be the case, and found no evidence that drivers who receive such a letter modify their behaviour and no link with reduced road offending rates. Hence all of those forces (including the one I worked for) no longer waste the resources doing it.

It serves only to mollify those who made the report to the police, nothing more.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
They wont. People who habitually break the law and/or endanger the lives of those around them take no heed whatsoever of such letters. Several forces kept records to see if it would be the case, and found no evidence that drivers who receive such a letter modify their behaviour and no link with reduced road offending rates. Hence all of those forces (including the one I worked for) no longer waste the resources doing it.

It serves only to mollify those who made the report to the police, nothing more.

But won't it help when it comes to deciding to prosecute for their next similar offence and be considered during sentencing if convicted?

Top Bottom