Cycle Chat Confessional

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Forgive me,i knuckled a car window this morning.In our area many millions of pounds are being spent on seeing to major road junctions.For the motorists it is chaos.When finished it will be brilliant,cycle paths are included.But today to save time i WALKED the bike past a big traffic jam,crossing the road i noticed a car not keeping up with the traffic as i got closer i noticed the head was looking towards the drivers lap.Yes both hands working the phone.So tap tap i didn't bother looking back i just carried on walking,i hope i had some effect.

Milzy

Guru
Game of Thrones is awesome. The people who don’t want to watch it are missing out. However some people will never try dogging but they might actually like it. I think I’d rather be on Zwift though.

Ohh forgot confession. I once took a craft Porta ale out of a fridge at a Christmas party. It wasn’t mine & I drank it. Feel sorry for the guy who owned it as it was really nice, I realise how precious real quality beer is. He’s probably forgotten about it now but it will haunt me forever.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Game of Thrones is awesome. The people who don’t want to watch it are missing out. However some people will never try dogging but they might actually like it. I think I’d rather be on Zwift though.

Ohh forgot confession. I once took a craft Porta ale out of a fridge at a Christmas party. It wasn’t mine & I drank it. Feel sorry for the guy who owned it as it was really nice, I realise how precious real quality beer is. He’s probably forgotten about it now but it will haunt me forever.

On the same lines as your real confessional....

When I was about 6 or 7 my Mum and Dad bought a new sofa. They were outside for some reason and my sister (who was about 4) and I decided it would make a great trampoline. Bounce, bounce, bounce....crack. I broke the wooden frame.

Mum and Dad noticed something was wrong with it and, upon finding the broken frame, assumed it was a manufacturing fault and had it replaced, free, by the retailer. I have never breathed a word about this to my parents to this day

I'd find sticking pins in my eyes more fun than watching a football match.

Amen, Brother...

Milzy

Guru
One of my friends wife is addicted to Emmerdale and I also do the same....where's Amos?

Best thing was he was actually a Lancastrian IIRC.

Attachments

• D96CE563-93D6-4480-84B8-D8CDE74E41DC.jpeg
    D96CE563-93D6-4480-84B8-D8CDE74E41DC.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 11

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
When I was about eight or nine I threw a stone at my fleeing brother in the back garden. I missed him, but hit the kitchen window and broke it just as he got in the back door and slammed it shut. Both he and my mum thought it was the slamming door that caused the window to break and he got his backside warmed, as was the norm back then. I did own up to it - over thirty years later during a family do.

Well, that was my conscience cleared.

stalagmike

Enormous member
When I was 17 and just had just learned to drive, my dad built a little garage for my MK1 fiesta next to our main one out of some breeze blocks he had lying around ( he was that kind of guy). It was tiny and I had to rig up a bit of rope and a tennis ball at one end so I could tell how far to go forward into it so the doors could be shut behind. Anyway, one day coming home late at night I messed up and drove into the wall and smashed up the front of the car. I said nothing next morning, drove the car to college and back and told my folks that some idiot must have reversed into it when it was parked up at college. They paid for all the repairs and I have carried the shame with me since then...

Top Bottom