Cycle Chatter Targets 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok op done. Just the blockage in the groin. At least a partial success. I can now walk without a crutch.

The blockage by the knee may need more invasive surgery if this has not solved most of the problem.

No excessive walking for the next 48hrs.

Now using 3 pills, 2 for blood thinning, 1 for stomach protection from the thinning pills :sad:

I'm waiting until the weekend before I try riding. Waiting for a follow up appointment with the consultant for the problem by the knee
That's great news! The recovery will come. Don't push too hard.

Sorry for the late reply. This thread doesn't pop up with unread posts. I just came here to ask about you. Again good news you're finally going in the right direction. See you in Bkool.

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
That's great news! The recovery will come. Don't push too hard.

Sorry for the late reply. This thread doesn't pop up with unread posts. I just came here to ask about you. Again good news you're finally going in the right direction. See you in Bkool.
Thanks @Randyberlin and all the others that have supported me so far.

Got caught up in other stuff today so didn't ride the BRVR videos. Truth be told never got the PC hooked up either, :blush:.

Will get it done tomorrow morning and do a nice 30 minutes or so. Just a leg turner to see how I do. I can then look at where I go from there.

Here I go 🚴‍♂️ I hope :ohmy::laugh::unsure:

Last edited:

theboxers

:dance::dance::dance:

First ride today. Very light. A nice 35 minute leg spin down a Hawaiian island on BRVR. No major problems, other than lost fitness afaict.

I'll keep doing these longish descents to get my spinny legs back. Then start to add some flat endurance rides.

Thank fug I'm back on a bike. Isolating plus lack of bike riding, indoor or out, has really put a dark tint to my moods. Hopefully now I'll be able to lighten them. I may even venture out on the Cube for an outdoor assisted ride

First ride today. Very light. A nice 35 minute leg spin down a Hawaiian island on BRVR. No major problems, other than lost fitness afaict.

I'll keep doing these longish descents to get my spinny legs back. Then start to add some flat endurance rides.

Thank fug I'm back on a bike. Isolating plus lack of bike riding, indoor or out, has really put a dark tint to my moods. Hopefully now I'll be able to lighten them. I may even venture out on the Cube for an outdoor assisted ride

Nice! Congratulations. You're not wasting any time. Like I always say the mental benefits are even better than the physical ones.

theboxers

Nice! Congratulations. You're not wasting any time. Like I always say the mental benefits are even better than the physical ones.
The black dog has been biting harder at my heels for the last 6 months. :sad:

Although it was only a 40 minutes indoor ride my headspace has improved dramatically today. I am thinking I will actually get OaA over the next couple of months and get some fitness to carry into winter to have a go at a few of the bigger BRVR rides :unsure:. I may even manage to drop a few kg if I can keep it going :mrpig:

Of course this all depends on me continuing to improve :whistle:.

theboxers

Last post on this subject unless something goes wrong.

Redid the descent from yesterday at the correct weight, 5 minutes faster, so I now know where I am going to be with these sessions.

I'll be searching for a set of training sessions to get me going, mainly for endurance at the moment z2/z3. However it depends how I do at them. I may end up trying a FTP builder program to try and get back to near where I was last year power wise 240'ish W IIRC. :ohmy:

Anyway onward and upward :becool:

Del C

Veteran

Redid the descent from yesterday at the correct weight, 5 minutes faster, so I now know where I am going to be with these sessions.

I'll be searching for a set of training sessions to get me going, mainly for endurance at the moment z2/z3. However it depends how I do at them. I may end up trying a FTP builder program to try and get back to near where I was last year power wise 240'ish W IIRC. :ohmy:

Just caught up with this.

Glad your recovery has started. Hope all goes well and you can stay on track.

mjd1988

Guru

Really pleased for you mate. Really hope the recovery goes smoothly, you're well overdue a bit of good luck

mjd1988

Guru
-3000 miles
-More outside miles than last year, and at least one century
-Tron bike on zwift
-weight down to 83kg
-At least one club ride

Passed mileage for last year so just wanted to check what my goals were for this year (January 2020 seems a long time ago doesn't it??)

-2436.4 miles (may be doable to get to 3000, not going to obsess)
-more outside miles but nowhere near a century. Was going to do ridelondon ☹️
-tron bike 👍
-pass :mrpig:
-1 club ride achieved :laugh: enjoyed it and will try and do a few more next year

Sharky

Guru
Well this year (2020) has been different. Had almost three months off the bike during the first lockdown and our club 10's didn't start until July, so only managed 4 events this year. I'm not into miles, just short lung burning rides of about an hour. So inspite of the virus have just clocked just over 600 miles in 48 rides. Might make 700 or 800 by end of the year.
Now in October, I'm already thinking of next year and getting into more serious (to me) training, with the hope of keeping it going through November, a light month in December (always xmas shopping) and to be in a good state to really get going in January.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

How's it going now TB?

One way I use BRVR that works for me is to set the ERG mode at say 195-205 watts and just spin away for a couple of hours. I then find when I do a climb with ERG off it's 'easier' to hold higher watts on the steep sections for longer. The benefit to me of setting ERG is I don't have to think about the gradient and gears, so I can just plug away and look at the video/scenery :tongue:

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@Whorty

I'm was doing the 10-12 week FTP builder from Zwofactory, probably the the same as the one on Zwift. It's hard work on some of the sessions :sweat:. But with outdoor rides I'm improving. Back to about 210w FTP currently, according to Garmin, and it hurts :cry:.
Cool, that's a decent FTP already so definitely moving in the right direction. :okay:

Top Bottom