Cycle clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Don't get me wrong as I love the skin tight feel of lycra next to my skin. It's just that there is more skin to cover these days!

You cannot blame that on lycra, only lack of control over fuel intake.

screenman

Legendary Member
I am a young lady who wears cycling leggings but I always wear a loose floaty top. I don't think it looks nice to have a fully body of tight clothing or barely any clothing a bit self degrading and unnecessary thankfully where I live everyone covers up with loose clothing and cycling shorts I presume hidden underneath.

Surely a toned body looks great in tight fitting cloths, be it either gender.

mythste

Veteran
I am a young lady who wears cycling leggings but I always wear a loose floaty top. I don't think it looks nice to have a fully body of tight clothing or barely any clothing a bit self degrading and unnecessary thankfully where I live everyone covers up with loose clothing and cycling shorts I presume hidden underneath.

A bit self degrading? Could you expand on that? I'm a little curious as to how you come to that concept.

tyred

Legendary Member
I prefer the more traditional look - see my designer helmet and performance enhancing baccy.
3425183-pipe-smoking-cyclist-dressed-in-tweed-gettyimages.jpg

rebelpeter

Well im 78 used to ride in normal clothes but found them no good for biking now i have cycling clothes in all colours i r racing bikes the proper gears warm and comfortable easier to ride in, the days of tucking ur trousers in your socks or bike clips are long. Gone now u can cycle easier in the cycling clothing...

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I returned to cycling earlier this year and initially shied away from the full on Lycra.
However I soon got sick of baggy shorts flapping about in the breeze, so took the plunge, got the right clothing and haven't looked back.
And, as I've gone from an XXL to a L in that time, I really couldn't care what anyone else thinks. ;)

Brandane

Legendary Member
Cycle clothing is very subjective, is it not? For instance, lycra gear is fine and well IF you are just out on your bike solely for a bike ride, or perhaps for commuters who have a change of clothes at their destination. However for me I am quite often cycling to somewhere for social purposes (pub, eating, shopping, visiting someone at their house, or just going for a wander) and I wouldn't be comfortable doing that dressed in lycra. So I tend to wear clothing that suits whatever activity I am doing at the other end of my ride. If it's a circular from home, then "proper" cycling gear it is.

Top Bottom