Cycle club rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I've never been on a ride with more than one other person and even that happens at most about once a year. Whether commuting or getting a few miles in I'm on my own. Back in my youth I did think about joining my local club but chose not to as I liked, and still do, to go off on my own routes at my pace, but I have also considered that it's probably an effective way of improving fitness and stamina to have the challenge of others.
Anyway, as I said I've never been on one and I've also never seen one, so genuinely, is THIS what they're like?
Before we go any further, yes I know who's video it is and this absolutely isn't a dig at that young man.
It all seems so chaotic to me, people jumping up on pavements, others sticking on the roads, people stopped by the side of the road (presumably with a problem) and somebody else racing off away from them, groups of riders travelling in opposite directions. I know it's only the highlights but is this what it's like on a club run? I thought you'd go for a ride together, it looks like a free for all to me :wacko:

lukesdad

You ve never seen the pembrokeshire boys out in their shocking pink jerseys ? You do surprise me.

Depends on the club - and the riders in it. You've got a few clubs near you - Pembs Velo, Tenby Aces, Narberth Dynamo - give em a try.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Thats why i avoid them , the CC ride i went on this year could not have been different, steady , fun and not a mad sprint , try a few and see who suits your style of riding

edindave

Über Member
I think the video editing makes it seem a tad erm... random, almost comical!
It makes the club I'm in look like Team Sky. :laugh: ;)

You've nothing to lose and lots to gain by joining a club. And as there's a few in your area, why not try all of them and see which one suits you best. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I think I'd like to have a go, I'm a little nervous to be quite frank about it, I'm more than capable of making an idiot of myself when I'm on my own, I can be even more adept at it in the company of others. But I guess the only way to find out is to go and try it.

Top Bottom