Cycle community

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rickh01

Über Member
I haven't been road biking long and have only just begun to see how nice the cycling community is. I was out on my bike tonight doing a nice easy 25 mile after work when I pulled over to slightly adjust the new seat I put on a few week ago. When suddenly 2 cyclists pulled up who have clearly been riding years due to the quality of their bikes and asked if I was ok and needed any help at all. I explained it was a quick stop to adjust my saddle and thanked both of them for their offer. It's nice to know that the cycle community really is that friendly and helpful especially to a beginner like me!!!

Berties

Fast and careful!
I always offer help to cyclists at the side of the road,help doing punctures is my speciality,and help with cramp

DannyCFC

I'm a fat bloke on a BSO and there's a fella on a road bike who usually passes me like a bullet on the way to work on a Saturday and always shouts 'morning!'

The other Saturday he shouted 'keep it up, you're going faster!' which made my morning.

I think he appreciated that whilst he skips over potholes I have them as Strava segments.

DRM

Guru
I would stop as well, I know what it's like to walk home with a puncture and no gear, mind last time I did was at swinsty reservoir on the mtb, two young ladies I thought had a problem said no they were looking at two frogs crossing the trail, they said it was cute that one was giving the other a piggyback, I can do some repairs, but not biology lessons!!! :giggle:

Ansome

Take care though to come to a stop outside of a Strava segment, if you're halfway up (or down) a hill be prepared to do your own repairs as people descend in aero tucks or grind past you sweating profusely with only seconds on their mind.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
On sunday, I wasn't on my bike, but was walking down the lane to my daughters house. At the end of the road, there were 2 cyclists holding a map and looking a bit befuddled. I asked them if they were all right. They were having problems pronouncing welsh place names and weren't sure where they were.

I put them on the right track, explaining the names, spoke to them for 10 minutes, telling them of other rides they might enjoy before they went on theyre way. Very nice gentlemen. They seemed a bit surprised that I stopped and talked to them for some reason. As far as I am concerned, I'll always help someone out, as you never know, someday I may be in need of help...

snorri

Legendary Member
It can be rewarding, but sometimes quite trying assisting other cyclists.
I was asked by a couple of cyclists for some navigational assistance over a six mile route recently which, as i was going that way anyway, I readily agreed to provide. We hadn't gone 100 metres when one of the cyclists decided to "follow from from the front" and soon shot off in the wrong direction at a junction which had his partner loudly recalling him. Not to be outdone, he took the lead again and again took a wrong turning but this time I knew his route would later rejoin ours so just let him go. People are funny:smile:.

Top Bottom