Cycle computer/26x1.75x2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
OK, had to change battery in cycle comp, thought I'd reset it OK, but got some ridiculous readings. Just done it again with manual to hand (duh!) but have a question. Bike tyres are 26x1.75. Just about every table I can find (incl the manual) give 27x1.75x2 It also gives (for example) 26x1.5 (without the times 2) and 26x1.9 (also without the times 2)
Can anyone tell me (in simple terms :becool: ) why the times 2 at the end?
I know how to do a roll out test etc, but my particular comp's manual has a table which gives very different figures to enter, depending on whether or not you're setting comp to mph or kph (I want mph).
Now, I must have done it when I first got the comp, (and readings have been accurate enough when compared with online mapping) but that was three yrs ago, and I can't remember what I put in.
So, why the times 2, folks? What does it mean? xx(

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Fnaar said:
Bike tyres are 26x1.75.

Just about every table I can find (incl the manual) give (for example) 26x1.5 and 26x1.9

use a figure between these two. it'll be out, but not by much.....not as much error as variable tyre pressure would lead to anyhow

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Cheers hubgearfreak... the manual also has ISO/ETRTO numbers... the ones on tyre match with 26x1.75x2.... so I've reset and will try again prob ob Fri, when i take that bike out again...
I was really wondering why 26x1.75 also have a x2, whereas the other 26 tyres don't... :biggrin:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
No frickin idea what the x2 denotes, but according to this page at SJS, the

ETRTO 47-559 = British Modern 26x1.95 = USA 26x1.75 = German 26x1.75x2

Personally, I only pretend to understand ETRTO classification where the numbers are ETRTO [section width in mm] - [diameter at the rim in mm].

Top Bottom