Cycle friendly home insurers.

GrahamG

Veteran
Location
Bristol
I'm just getting contents quotes and wondered if any of you had recommendations for insurers who don't charge the earth for adding bikes on away from the home?!
 
Graham,

we use Marks and Spencer's contents insurance - bikes up to the value of £4000 each automatically covered, and if they're worth more than that the extra isn't too bad at all.
 
OP
G

GrahamG

Veteran
Location
Bristol
Just spoke to M&S - they're £80-£100 more than the best quote but the level of cover is frankly outstanding. With that in mind, I suspect they'd be one hell of a lot better in the event of a claim!
 

col

Veteran
GrahamG said:
Just spoke to M&S - they're £80-£100 more than the best quote but the level of cover is frankly outstanding. With that in mind, I suspect they'd be one hell of a lot better in the event of a claim!


Well its not just food er insurance,its M&S insurance.:ohmy:
 

Hugo15

Über Member
Location
Stockton-on-Tees
I switched to M&S this year. I then managed to drill through a central heating pipe :ohmy: The claims process was really easy and they sorted it out with no fuss at all. I would recommend them.
 

simoncc

New Member
The Co-operative Insurance Society (CIS) used to do a cheap cycle add on to home insurance policies for bikes of modest value. They might still for all I know.
 

alfablue

New Member
simoncc said:
The Co-operative Insurance Society (CIS) used to do a cheap cycle add on to home insurance policies for bikes of modest value. They might still for all I know.
Yes they do, I pay about £2 pcm for a £1400 bike.
 

simoncc

New Member
alfablue said:
Yes they do, I pay about £2 pcm for a £1400 bike.
They used to do bikes up to about £250 for £6 per year, but £24 pa for a £1400 bike seems a very good deal these days. I'll look into it when I renew.
 

beckc

New Member
Location
beccles
Hi

Same experience as KitsuneAndy. NU quoted £80 at renewal time then 3 months in with 3 good bikes in the garage and having discovered silly quotes for separate cycle insurance I approached them again. They only wanted a value for the most expensive bike. The cover extended to a bike locked up away from home for theft and no special security required in garage.

We'll see what happens at renewal time !
 

k-dog

New Member
I'm with Tesco (which underneath seems to be some sort of Rbos outfit) and they have been very good - I had a bike stolen a few years ago and after emailing them the receipt I had a new one within 48 hours for only a £50 excess.

The cover itself is pretty good value too.
 
k-dog said:
I'm with Tesco (which underneath seems to be some sort of Rbos outfit) and they have been very good - I had a bike stolen a few years ago and after emailing them the receipt I had a new one within 48 hours for only a £50 excess.

The cover itself is pretty good value too.
I used to be with Tesco, their excess was just £15 if nicked on the Street, £100 if nicked from the house, seemed good to me; I never claimed on it though. When I got my new bike I moved to M&S as Tesco don't cover bikes worth over £700
 
Top Bottom