Cycle GPS Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Is garmin connect notworking ?
Tried to upload my ride today and although the upload button works nothing happens and the rest of the site is unresponsive including the total miles logged on the home page being blank .

400bhp

Guru
And working for me too.

There was some note at the top of the screen about some upload issues that affected some people, which they had now corrected.

geo

I have just got the 800 and so far very happy with it. I have however accidentally deleted a ride from garmin connect and it says that cant be recovered, does anyone know if it can be re uploaded from my 800 device as its still showing in historyI have tried but failed to do this but its all new to me and I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing !!!!

400bhp

Guru
I have just got the 800 and so far very happy with it. I have however accidentally deleted a ride from garmin connect and it says that cant be recovered, does anyone know if it can be re uploaded from my 800 device as its still showing in historyI have tried but failed to do this but its all new to me and I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing !!!!

Renaming the tcx file might work.

cyberknight

And working for me too.

There was some note at the top of the screen about some upload issues that affected some people, which they had now corrected.
Works in IE but apparantly firefox it has problems , what browser are you using ? I changed to IE and after a couple of "do you allow so and so " it worked fine .
Also works fine with firefox and strava.

geo

Renaming the tcx file might work.

Thanks for that now the tricky bit !! how do I do it ?:rolleyes:

400bhp

Guru
Google Chrome.

I used to use Firefox until about 2 weeks ago. I got sick of Firefox freezing in a lot of websites. I have heard of some peeps having issues with firefox and garmin uploads.

400bhp

Guru
Thanks for that now the tricky bit !! how do I do it ?:rolleyes:

Select the particular tcx file, right click and select rename.

Can't guarantee this will work. Think I might have tried it before? There are other options though.

cyberknight

Google Chrome.

I used to use Firefox until about 2 weeks ago. I got sick of Firefox freezing in a lot of websites. I have heard of some peeps having issues with firefox and garmin uploads.
Tried chrome and the same result, when i slect uplaod the "searching for " dialog just does not appear as if its not looking for the device, works in IE so at least i can upload , cant say i like the chrome gui imho.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Tried chrome and the same result, when i slect uplaod the "searching for " dialog just does not appear as if its not looking for the device, works in IE so at least i can upload , cant say i like the chrome gui imho.

I'm using Chrome with no problems.

Top Bottom