Cycle helmets are useless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The same person who told me "you're an idiot of you don't wear one" also tells me i need to go clipless (something to do with pulling up as well as pushing down?).... another guy who also keeps telling to go clipless keeps telling me to swap my fat balloon tyres for thin 'racing' tyres (on an MTB FFS!)... some people just can't help but 'tell' people what they should be doing because if it ain't the same as they do it... it must be wrong.
Some people are just wrong .... get used to it :thumbsup:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
When you've finished with your copy of the Telegraph you can convert it into a hat which will provide as much protection as a plastic cycling one.

newspaper-hat-directions.gif

Apologies if anyone's already suggested something similar but I couldn't be arsed to read the whole thread, in fact I only just made it through page 1, anything interesting come up?

User269

Whilst I prefer to wear a helmet, (as protection from flying stone chips, various sticking out branches, bald head jibes, an even forehead suntan, and other items), I've always thought that it makes more sense, according to accident statistics, if pedestrians and motor vehicle passengers wore helmets. The evidence is so compelling, it should be made compulsory, as it would save many lives, serious injuries, and complex litigation.
More importantly, doesn't anyone want to know how I got on last week with Mont Ventoux, and if my helmet was useless there?? Eh? Well, I can tell you a thing or two......................

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Whilst I prefer to wear a helmet, (as protection from flying stone chips, various sticking out branches, bald head jibes, an even forehead suntan, and other items), I've always thought that it makes more sense, according to accident statistics, if pedestrians and motor vehicle passengers wore helmets. The evidence is so compelling, it should be made compulsory, as it would save many lives, serious injuries, and complex litigation.
More importantly, doesn't anyone want to know how I got on last week with Mont Ventoux, and if my helmet was useless there?? Eh? Well, I can tell you a thing or two......................

Yes, I would love to hear about Mt Ventoux, pictures also welcome :smile:

Oh, I dunno. I don't remember being called a "nugget" before.

If you were Scottish, and cowardly, would you be a chicken McNugget?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom