Cycle helmets in Spain, what's the score.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
1st cafe stop of the tour, 4 traffic polis sitting outside. Never said anything about not wearing my helmet. Later on another lot were sitting outside having lunch as we
passed by. Did you have white legs and a Brit cycling top on? We wear European gear and I always wear a Spanish top from the Basque country, I have tanned legs😄

FishFright

More wheels than sense
This indeed. Manufacturers spend a fortune on development, only for us to negate it with this sort of thing. I remove my toupee before every ride.

Do you tape it on the top of the helmet to preserve your dignity ?

Sallar55

Veteran
Just asking for trouble, you know that the Spanish have certain words to describe people who wear that attire.😂

potsy

Rambler
Go dressed as a tourist flouting their laws and it's obvious they will target you, even with your natural charm... :whistle:

Sallar55

Veteran
Just have a drink in the Guardia Civil's bar and you are excused from wearing a helmet 😁

PXL_20230516_133250640.jpg

Sallar55

Veteran
Alicante to Bilbao and and thro police control at the port.
Cycling helmet hanging off the luggage.One comment from
the police was nice cycling top.😄

Emanresu

If you go through Madrid especially around Atocha station (3 & 4 lanes roads) you'll see a collection of people on bikes, ebikes, scooters etc all weaving in and out of traffic without helmets. Absolutely mad but it works.

Once cycled around central Rome past Circus Maximus and the Coliseum which was exactly the same. Mad drivers, mad cyclists, pedestrians, tourists not looking - and it all works.

Top Bottom