cycle hubs in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jason

With my new lease of cycling interest, I'm once again keen to commute into London. The issue is not working at a fixed place of work,but all within Central London, visiting customers
Previously I carried everything i required on the bike, but a slow pace didn't stop me looking a little disheveled by the last customer visit.
Are there hubs, where one can cycle, lock,freshen up and leave the cycling kit in London. I expect to pay, but would make the commute far more enjoyable than train/car/underground and means i get my daily exercise in.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
With my new lease of cycling interest, I'm once again keen to commute into London. The issue is not working at a fixed place of work,but all within Central London, visiting customers
Previously I carried everything i required on the bike, but a slow pace didn't stop me looking a little disheveled by the last customer visit.
Are there hubs, where one can cycle, lock,freshen up and leave the cycling kit in London. I expect to pay, but would make the commute far more enjoyable than train/car/underground and means i get my daily exercise in.

Yes, Soho & Victoria
https://www.h2bikerun.co.uk/h2-commute/

https://www.h2bikerun.co.uk/join/

There might be others if you google bike hub London ;) I was familiar with this one, never used

Last edited:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Stupid question, I know these are London prices, but can you not join a cheap gym with somewhere safe to park your bike? £60 for a shower and locker seems insane but I suppose cheaper than a tube fare.

vickster

Legendary Member
Stupid question, I know these are London prices, but can you not join a cheap gym with somewhere safe to park your bike? £60 for a shower and locker seems insane but I suppose cheaper than a tube fare.
A central London gym is probably more and likely won't have secure indoor bike parking. He gets his exercise by cycling too, perhaps saving on said gym membership

OP
OP
Jason

Jason

@vickster is right - my commute is the exercise. Just need a secure place to lock the bike and have a shower. keep work clothes in the locker.
£60 sounds reasonable as running my car into Central London and parking costs more, trains are a drag.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you considered a Brompton? Where are you commuting from? You could then use it for your customer visits?

Simontm

Veteran
I use the Soho H2 and pay £70/month for a large locker which keeps my shirts, underwear, trousers for the week as well as a suit in case I need it. For the basic you get to use a day locker to store stuff though kit is usually hung up on the racks in the bike park.
You get given a NFC entry card which gets you in and tap it at the desk as well. There's CCTV and all bikes have to be registered and you get given a tag to leave on your bike or lock (which you can leave at H2. Towels are provided as well as hairdryers and shower gel in the shower blocks.
There's also an onsite mechanic.
Although officially you can't leave your bike overnight, if you tell them in advance and don't make a habit of it, they're not too bothered with the occasional overnighter.
Pleased to use it as otherwise it would be £280 in travel fares a month and me nigh-on homicidal with public transport!!

Although officially you can't leave your bike overnight, if you tell them in advance and don't make a habit of it, they're not too bothered with the occasional overnighter.
Interesting. I basically kept a bike there permanently, and they never said boo about it.

(I cycled in on my road bike, and then after a shower swapped to my folder for the last 2 km to the office. So the folder was there overnight, the road bike during the day and both were there while I was there.)

Last edited:

Simontm

Veteran
N
Interesting. I basically kept a bike there permanently, and they never said boo about it.

(I cycled in on my road bike, and then after a shower swapped to my folder for the last 2 km to the office. So the folder was there overnight, the road bike during the day and both were there while I was there.)

Naughty ;) think it's more to stop everyone doing it as they'd probably run out of spaces.

I do notice a lot of left bikes if it is raining at commute home time :laugh:

Top Bottom