Cycle insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think that my frame has been damaged and wondered if it falls under my wiggle insurance

I think that either the rear mech screws are worn in the frame meaning I can’t screw the hanger or the frame is chipped causing the screw not to grip onto the frame

the rear mech basically falls out and won’t screw in

would this fall under my insurance

not sure if it’s damaged or if the frame thread has been worn (no idea how as this has only been removed once or twice 1) to put the mech on and 2 when the higher snapped)

thanks

Drago

Legendary Member
Wear won't be covered on any insurance.

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
what about the chip though that I can see, the hole is damaged which could be affecting the screw

surely the frame thread shouldn’t be worn when the screw has only been removed twice and replaced professionally

I don’t think it’s a work thread, it def looks damaged as it was dropped from a work stand

vickster

Legendary Member
Ask the insurer once you’ve read the policy inclusions and exclusions, be prepared when you phone them :okay:

What brand of bike, are you the first owner, sone offer a lifetime frame warranty if it’s a manufacturing defect

vickster

Legendary Member
Do you have accidental damage cover on your policy? If it was accidentally damaged it may be covered?

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
Yes, I’m hoping it’s not damaged as I like the bike

was a lapse of concentration

had it on the stand and went to grab the back wheel to put it back on and it slipped, thought I managed to break the fall but def contact.
Dropped the wheel as well but that’s ok

vickster

Legendary Member
So an accident. If you’re covered for accidental damage, ask the question if it meets the policy terms

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
Sorry, subsequent posts are a little at odds with the first.

Are the threads worn out, or have they taken a smack and been adversely affects, ie, damaged?

not sure, the frame looks damaged (dented) but not sure if that is affecting the connection between the hanger and frame, it’s like the thread is either worn or the hanger has chipped a bit of the frame

got a a mechanic looking at it tomorrow so fingers crossed it’s fixable

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
Spoke to wiggle and they are wanting photos and will arrange pick up for carbon review to see if fixable

gutted, having to take my other bike down as I need a road bike

Top Bottom