Cycle Mitts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-Express

What kind of info?

U

User6179

They pretty much all do the same job but for varying amount of time , I prefer ones with a Velcro fastener and the loops at the end of the fingers for pulling off plus I prefer ones with a pad in the middle of the palm which are becoming rare .

Stay away from Altura unless you can try them on , their sizing is different from glove to glove .

OP
OP
cubey

cubey

Über Member
How much padding do you like?

Really not sure on this one, at the moment I am still getting used to the Cube Attain and the tape on the bars is really quite good. Am using winter gloves which are padded but not with gel inserts, may have to visit the local bike shop and try a few on.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have seen the Specialized one and they seem reasonably priced and padded.
They wear well but like all mitts for me, they do seem to get stinky and need regular washing. Not as bad as Pearl Izumi. Bontrager and Louis garneau (Evans) gel mitts are ok too

400bhp

Guru
I wear expensive clothing for pretty much all my cycling clobber. My summer mitts are from Aldi though, I found them the best I have ever used - I bulk buy at £5 a pair.

Yeah, similar experience here with the aldi gloves for me. They generally last 1 or 2 seasons, then start to fall apart, mainly because they get washed each week.

Top Bottom