Cycle Mitts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
I've got a pair of Endura fingerless cycling gloves. I don't usually wear gloves but as it was a little cold today I used them and was impressed by how much they absorbed the road vibrations out through the bars. I think I will wear them all the time from now on whilst out on the bike.

freiston

Veteran
My favourite mitts are a pair of Louis Garneau Biogel 'Ergo'. Louis Garnea seem to change their line very often so I think the current 'equivalent' is 'BIOGEL RX-V'. Very comfy, do not get uncomfortable in the hot weather like some do, they are hard-wearing and can survive the washing machine quite happily. I tried a couple of pairs from Aldi but they never felt right and (for me) got a bit uncomfortable when the going was warm.

Yeah, similar experience here with the aldi gloves for me. They generally last 1 or 2 seasons, then start to fall apart, mainly because they get washed each week.
Cripes - that is frequent. I use several pairs but even so they probably get washed every 6 to 9 months.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I use Specialized BG gel mitts in the summer. They cost about £30 a pair which is ludicrous for a scrap of fabric and stuff knocked up for a couple pence somewhere out East. In winter, I wear five quid Lidl ski gloves. Really excellent, but not particularly waterproof. I really don't like not wearing gloves. Having a road surface plane off the skin from both palms when you come off is a major inconvenience, particularly if you work with your hands a bit.

Top Bottom