Cycle to Work - Groupset Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Someone posted on here a few months ago that you could buy a groupset on C2W. Is this correct? And if so what websites would allow it?

I've not found an online retailer that will let you buy a GS on their C2W part of their site.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
If the scheme is being run correctly then you would be hard pushed to get a groupset on it. You are supposed to only be able to get a bike and safety equipment, would take a lot of bending of the rules IMHO to classify a groupset as safety equipment.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Someone posted on here a few months ago that you could buy a groupset on C2W. Is this correct? And if so what websites would allow it?

I've not found an online retailer that will let you buy a GS on their C2W part of their site.
If the scheme is being run correctly then you would be hard pushed to get a groupset on it. You are supposed to only be able to get a bike and safety equipment, would take a lot of bending of the rules IMHO to classify a groupset as safety equipment.
The answer is yes, evans cycles now allow components, frames and groupsets due to a change in hmrc rules.........its fully legitimate as hmrc recognise that once bikes are bought through c2w schemes they also need to be maintaned hence the rule change

I have a cannondale hi mod frame on its way reduced from 2.5k to 1k....thanks hmrc

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
The answer is yes, evans cycles now allow components, frames and groupsets due to a change in hmrc rules.........its fully legitimate as hmrc recognise that once bikes are bought through c2w schemes they also need to be maintaned hence the rule change

I have a cannondale hi mod frame on its way reduced from 2.5k to 1k....thanks hmrc

I stand corrected.

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser

What scheme are you using? When I do to the Evans Cyclescheme site it doesn't list components. It just lists BIKES, CLOTHING and ACCESSORIES.

However it does give you the option to buy gift vouchers for some reason so do you buy the gift voucher then redeem against the group set? Or are you going to the main site and during checkout using your cycle scheme voucher?

jowwy

What scheme are you using? When I do to the Evans Cyclescheme site it doesn't list components. It just lists BIKES, CLOTHING and ACCESSORIES.

However it does give you the option to buy gift vouchers for some reason so do you buy the gift voucher then redeem against the group set? Or are you going to the main site and during checkout using your cycle scheme voucher?
The email our company received from evans cycles informed us you would need to buy those items through your local stores, which i did at the cardiff store.

I did post the evans email on a previous thread

jowwy

image.png

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
Ta!

You seem to be on a different scheme to me, that might be the issue. I'll email them and check.

Top Bottom