Cycle training. What's your view?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Itll be an uphill struggle. These are the same regulators who think its ok to pass a test at 17 and have no compulsory review of your suitability to drive safely until you're 70, and even then its merely cursory.

Periodic retesting is in my manifesto, with mandatory training to keep drivers current in the the latest rules, regs etc. Alas, the people who can get things done are more interested winning votes and staying on the gravy train, and the voters are the same car drivers who would feel hard done by and put upon.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Precisely the ones who need it most; no cycle awareness training, no licence.
Well I take your point. But lets put the shoe on the other foot.

Lets make all cyclists go on a weekend LGV awareness course so they can sit in a cab and get a truck drivers perspective.

That wouldnt go down well with cyclists but could go a long way to keep them out of trouble.

Its got to be two way street and while there are cyclists who disagree with that. You will never move any further forward.

Drago

Legendary Member
Well I take your point. But lets put the shoe on the other foot.

Lets make all cyclists go on a weekend LGV awareness course so they can sit in a cab and get a truck drivers perspective.

That wouldnt go down well with cyclists but could go a long way to keep them out of trouble.

Its got to be two way street and while there are cyclists who disagree with that. You will never move any further forward.

I agree, but let's set our priorities so the highest killers get the most/earliest intervention. Once the mass killing is sorted then we can afford to expend resources on mopping up the remaining few percent.

classic33

Leg End Member
I agree, but let's set our priorities so the highest killers get the most/earliest intervention. Once the mass killing is sorted then we can afford to expend resources on mopping up the remaining few percent.
The vehicles would need to be left-hand drive. Allowing the cyclists to occupy what would normally be the drivers seat in the UK.

Top Bottom