Cycle Trip Computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l4dva

Guru
Hi guys,

I have an old trip computer that I need help wth setting up.

Its been sitting in my garage un-used for about 7 ish years now, seems to be working fine. Only problem I have is setting up the correct wheel size for my new bike. I don't have the user manual any more, and a google search of it hasn't come up with anything. From memory I got this from Aldi so im not surprised if can't be found anyways it is a "Boss Cyclocomputer" and has two red buttons "mode" and "st./sp" (start and stop) and thats all it says on the computer itself. When I turn it on I have the option of Kph or Mph and then the next setting is im guessing the wheel size....i can scroll through numbers 100 to 240 this is where I don't know what I would be selecting. These numbers must corespond to the size of my bike, dose any one have any idea of what I should be using, I have 700 size wheels. After selecting one of these numbers it goes straight on to the normal functions screen and is ready to be used so its a straight forward set up in that sence, but I just don't have a clue what setting to select.

If any one has this type of computer or if any techies out there would like to give me a hand it would be much appericated.

Thanks!

L4dva

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
The number you want is the circumference of the wheel plus tire in cm's.

Download any manual from here http://www.cateye.com/en/manuals/66
and it will include a table of wheel circs for most wheel / tire sizes.

If you want to be really accurate you can measure yours but it's not worth the hassle.

OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
Thanks oldlegs! That makes more sence now! :evil:

It must be CM that im putting into the computer, 216mm curcumfrence would be a tiny wheel!

Cheers!

Top Bottom