CycleChat gear swaps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Swapped out my Small for a Medium with Svendo, both arrived today and I think we're both pleased with our new sizes :biggrin:

I have a question about the zip I got mine yesterday and when I unzip it the zip seems to get stuck at the point where the collar and the jersey meet, the join seems to be causing an obstruction and it needs a tug to get it past that point. My worry is that it could damage the zip as the zip doesnt look all that strong, anyone else having this problem.

Yep, the zip gets caught at the bottom of the collar and it takes a good tug to get it freed. Like you said, the zip doesn't seem very strong and it could break!

Svendo

Guru
Swapped out my Small for a Medium with Svendo, both arrived today and I think we're both pleased with our new sizes :biggrin:

Yep, the zip gets caught at the bottom of the collar and it takes a good tug to get it freed. Like you said, the zip doesn't seem very strong and it could break!

I've had this with other jerseys, generally I just keep the zip below the constriction but you could lubricate the zip. Paraffin wax (candle) is meant to be good, but you could try GT85 or or chain lube or ceramic grease ^_^.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!

I've had this with other jerseys, generally I just keep the zip below the constriction but you could lubricate the zip. Paraffin wax (candle) is meant to be good, but you could try GT85 or or chain lube or ceramic grease ^_^.

Oh good its not just me then, thought I might have got a duff one.

Is there anything I can do about the fact that my gut wants to escape through the front of the jersey .................. oh sorry thats right I am a bit fat :laugh:

D

Deleted member 20519

If anyone's got a Medium Long Sleeve and wants to swap it for a Medium Short sleeve, let me know. It's a bit chilly for the short sleeve, I can't see any way to wear it without having a jacket on top right now. :cold:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Recommend me a pair? I noticed that my local Lidl were stocking them, they still had some cycling gear left.

I use the Lusso coolmax ones but thats just because thats what my LBS had in stock.

I dont really wear Long Sleeve Jerseys, I usually wear arm warmers with a gillet or a thin wind proof, or both, but if it is any colder I wear either my etape or night vision windproof jacket instead. I do have 1 long sleeve jersey but I only tend to wear it under my winter jacket when it is really really cold.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Recommend me a pair? I noticed that my local Lidl were stocking them, they still had some cycling gear left.

I've got a pair - with some leg warmers - in the For Sale listing - make me an offer? :thumbsup: http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/fs-jerseys-m-l-base-layers-l-gilet-l-arm-leg-warmers-l.110123/

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I got DHB ones from Wiggle for about a tenner (with the 10% off code, they are currently advertising). Arrived Yesterday and seem good, although yet to be tested, in the wild.

p.s. Long Martin, look away if you're reading this :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
How are you getting on with this Shaun?

I'm speaking to the supplier and arranging for some samples from the "spares" to be sent back for them to review. We'll take it from there. I'll post in the site news thread with further instructions once I know more. :thumbsup:

In the meantime, anyone who isn't able to swap with another CCer please read my announcement and post in the support thread if you'd like to exchange your (tried on but otherwise unworn kit). :smile:

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom