CycleChat gear swaps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sittingbull

Veteran
Cycling kit is to be fair notoriously unreliable between brands.
I would normally agree had the sizes simply been "small/medium/large" etc but the manufacturers (presumably them) provided a detailed chart with "accurate" measurements.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
I might buy an offered shirt but the order thread with the original sizing chart is not accessible any more. I could work on the basis of buying a shirt a size (two sizes?) up from what the chart shows for me but I still need the chart to start with! Anyone with a 42.5 inch chest recommend a size?

John

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I might buy an offered shirt but the order thread with the original sizing chart is not accessible any more. I could work on the basis of buying a shirt a size (two sizes?) up from what the chart shows for me but I still need the chart to start with! Anyone with a 42.5 inch chest recommend a size?

John
I measured my chest at between 40" to 41" and I'm hoping to swap my Medium for a Large.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
ugh... reading this thread is scaring me now. I think mine was attempted delivery on Saturday (got a card through the door from the Postie). Will collect this arvo on the way home and cross my fingers that my medium will not be skin-tight! Of course the thing with jersies, is that they are supposed to be close fitting, and not flapping about, causing additional drag. Maybe it's just a case of having to work extra hard to fit into it better or of having to breath in all the time :tongue: I ordered a Medium, as chest is 40 inches (garment sizes) but a tape measure shows more like 38 - maybe I'll get away with it...!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ugh... reading this thread is scaring me now. I think mine was attempted delivery on Saturday (got a card through the door from the Postie). Will collect this arvo on the way home and cross my fingers that my medium will not be skin-tight! Of course the thing with jersies, is that they are supposed to be close fitting, and not flapping about, causing additional drag. Maybe it's just a case of having to work extra hard to fit into it better or of having to breath in all the time :tongue: I ordered a Medium, as chest is 40 inches (garment sizes) but a tape measure shows more like 38 - maybe I'll get away with it...!

Seeing as you and I are near enough the same size these days (in fact I now have more of a beer gut then you).. a medium will be fine on you Squire

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I measured my chest at between 40" to 41" and I'm hoping to swap my Medium for a Large.

I may have a 'large' long sleve - not tried it on yet though - will let you know if too big for me.

Shaun

Founder
I do have a few extra jerseys that I ordered to "make up the numbers" but want to hold onto them for a few days until I know everyone has received their order.

In the meantime I'll email the supplier to explain that a number of the jerseys are too tight and that the sizing guide appears to have been somewhat optimistic!!!

By all means swap with other CC'ers if that gets both parties what they need, but otherwise hold on to your kit and I'll see what I can do. We should be able to sort it. :thumbsup:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My L is a bit small, would like to swap for XL, or It will just give me more incentive to drop 5KG by christmas.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I was sent a large long sleeve in error. I would be happy to swap for a medium long sleeve.

Just checked the size to my Spesh race fit long sleeve in medium. The large is bigger. If you want a race fit then stick with the sizes, if you would like a bit of room then go one up.

The large is a little long on me and loose round the chest. Fits ok on the belly though, oops.

Top Bottom