CycleChat Investigates - Gluttony

What food makes you defenceless to temptation?

• Cake

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • McDonalds (not that it really counts as a food)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mars Bars

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Snickers

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other inferior forms of confectionery

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Kebabs

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Curry

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Fish and chips

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Biccies

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Crisps, including other savouries such as Doritos or Pringles

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
Yum

12boy

Guru
Gotta ask...I have an idea that the role played by Mexican food in the US is what Indian food is to the UK. We love it and we also eat lots of avocados and guacamole. In New Mexico, where I lived as a teen through college, eating green chile is like a religion. We also have Indian restaurants but most are fairly spendy and far less common than Thai, Chinese or Japanese places. So, do our cousins across the pond go for Mexican food? If there are any Aussies or NZ folks on the forum what do you eat in your pursuit of spicy ethnic food? I used to manage the Sovial Security offices in Wyoming and made lots of trips to the Wind River Reservation to attempt to provide better service to the Arapahoe and Shoshone nations who live there. There was only one real restaurant in Ethete where a lot of tribal business was done. One day a busload of German tourists came through, as they do, and a lady in this group liked this place so much she bought that restaurant and lived there for a decade before moving on. It was originally a Mexican restaurant but over time she started including German cusine on the menu and then started blending them into each other other, such as Weinerschnitzel burritos or tacos with sauerkraut. Was actually pretty good.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Gotta ask...I have an idea that the role played by Mexican food in the US is what Indian food is to the UK. We love it and we also eat lots of avocados and guacamole. In New Mexico, where I lived as a teen through college, eating green chile is like a religion. We also have Indian restaurants but most are fairly spendy and far less common than Thai, Chinese or Japanese places. So, do our cousins across the pond go for Mexican food? If there are any Aussies or NZ folks on the forum what do you eat in your pursuit of spicy ethnic food? I used to manage the Sovial Security offices in Wyoming and made lots of trips to the Wind River Reservation to attempt to provide better service to the Arapahoe and Shoshone nations who live there. There was only one real restaurant in Ethete where a lot of tribal business was done. One day a busload of German tourists came through, as they do, and a lady in this group liked this place so much she bought that restaurant and lived there for a decade before moving on. It was originally a Mexican restaurant but over time she started including German cusine on the menu and then started blending them into each other other, such as Weinerschnitzel burritos or tacos with sauerkraut. Was actually pretty good.
A lot of the 'Indian' restaurants in Britain are not Indian, they're Bangladeshi or Pakistani. Don't get me wrong there are some that are Indian, Bobby's in Leicester is a vegetarian establishment and you will see Indians eating there but the majority that serve meat dishes are not

12boy

Guru
We are not sophisticated enough to differentiate. I didn't elaborate but there are many kinds of "Mexican" food as well
Californian has a lot of sea food, texmex uses red Chile, New Mexican stresses green Chile, tamales and sopapillas. while state in Mexico has special ways of preparing food, especially a sauce known as mole.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You don't see them nowadays but back in the day just as you were going for the last bus home with a belly full of ale outside the town hall there used to be a bloke with a cart selling boiled in water burgers and onions.

My god they were "good" but you weren't welcome in work the next day as they had a very strong effect on your rear exhalation system 💨
I used to own a T-shirt especially for Saturday mornings at work, it was great for standing in front of people so afflicted, sent em back inti the bog rather quickly.
P6.jpg

Top Bottom