Cyclechat investigates...soaps

Which is the best soap?

• Coronation Street, the obvious best

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • EastEnders, lots of shouting and gangsters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emmerdale, home of the cast slaughtering plane crash

• Brookside, where everyone was a drug dealer, R.I.P.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Albion Market, someone must surely have watched it?

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Neighbours - what's that? The postman's wife is dead!

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Home and Awaybours

• Eldorado, Accy's favourite

• Hollyoaks, lots of young people snogging

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I would rather smear my undercarriage with treacle and sit on an anthill than watch a soap

Votes: 28 73.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I also thought this was about toilet soap. Not much of it is sold nowadays since manufacturers persuaded us to spend lots more money on slippery detergent gel, packed in single-use bottles, perfectly designed to float for years in the ocean. Most of the gel goes down the drain as well. It's about 90% water with some surfactant and lots of thickener so really profitable to manufacture.

KneesUp

Guru
I also thought this was about toilet soap. Not much of it is sold nowadays since manufacturers persuaded us to spend lots more money on slippery detergent gel, packed in single-use bottles, perfectly designed to float for years in the ocean. Most of the gel goes down the drain as well. It's about 90% water with some surfactant and lots of thickener so really profitable to manufacture.
We use 'Splosh' - it's just the concentrate bit, you add the water yourself, and it's all bio-degradeable eco business. You can buy a re-useable container of them or any number of 'home' stores.

None of them. The only soap type programme I watch is Holby City and occasionally Casualty.
Casualty used to be fun when you had to guess who would die horribly and who would be injured for life. You got a few good first aid tips and some H&S lessons as well. Then it went all soft and concentrated on the relationships.

KneesUp

Guru
Casualty used to be fun when you had to guess who would die horribly and who would be injured for life. You got a few good first aid tips and some H&S lessons as well. Then it went all soft and concentrated on the relationships.
It wasn't a 'soap' originally was it? As I recall it was on Sunday night for a season or two a year - not every week, and not a few times a week. I too used to enjoy the 'oh god, it's not going to end well for the people on the coach - not with the storm, that light aircraft and the tired and stressed lorry driver' moment at the start.

Also, wasn't there a vaguely 'comic' porter, possibly of Eastern European descent, in the early series'? Or am I just remembering one funny incident as indicative of the whole character?

Julia9054

Guru
When I was in the Feds it was normal to watch Casualty/Holby as The Bill was so unrealistic. Conversely, the ambo crews would usually watch The Bill because Casualby was so unrealistic.
As a teacher, i don't watch any of the school based ones for the same reason.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Sorry Drago, couldn't find the hate soap with a vengeance option on the vote list. MrsP watches Corrie, can't miss an episode. I will go and do something else whilst it is on. wash my hair, walk the dog, ride my bike etc. The story lines are appalling, they make the citizens of wherever they are supposed to be seem like half wits. The acting is terrible and there is very little humour in amongst the fighting, lying, cheating,(delete as required). Rant over. I must go and take the dog for a walk and visit the pub now.:wacko:

otek59

Sorry Drago, couldn't find the hate soap with a vengeance option on the vote list. MrsP watches Corrie, can't miss an episode. I will go and do something else whilst it is on. wash my hair, walk the dog, ride my bike etc. The story lines are appalling, they make the citizens of wherever they are supposed to be seem like half wits. The acting is terrible and there is very little humour in amongst the fighting, lying, cheating,(delete as required). Rant over. I must go and take the dog for a walk and visit the pub now.:wacko:
My ex used to watch eastenders, I did the washing up,took the rubbish out, etc anything to avoid watching it, which I think was why see watched it

gbb

Legendary Member
I don't generally watch soaps but don't mind an odd Eastenders, corrie or similar....but if there was a poll for the worst, Holby or its incarnations would be right up there. Mind numbing drivel. Gawld help us all if hospital staff behave even remotely like that in real life.

Freds Dad

Veteran
Does anyone remember soap on a rope?

There is always the Catholic church version.

1C6220750-tdy-130227-popesoaprope-1.fit-760w.jpg

Top Bottom