Cyclechat investigates...Wheeler Dealers

Who is the best Wheeler Dealers presenter?

• Mike, the fat annoying cockney who speaks no language that can be identified by lexicographers.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • The long suffering, and record breaking, Edd China.

Votes: 44 86.3%
  • The awesome ex copper that is Ant Anstead.

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Who mentioned Li#g, she will be here in a jiffy. I remember a thread on Singletrack that went mental....

Cavalol

Guru
It's clearly 'very much for television' (i.e lots made up) and rumours abound there was a yard full of cars that they hadn't actually sold. Another rumour was that the 'buyers' were members of the production team. It'd make sense, to some extent, as everyone they feature seems to be absolutely clueless at negotiating. Hasn't Mike got a garage in Sheffield he sells cars from now?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I thought Ed is getting his own show ? Mike has a car sales company over Sheffield (ish) way I believe.

It's clearly 'very much for television' (i.e lots made up) and rumours abound there was a yard full of cars that they hadn't actually sold. Another rumour was that the 'buyers' were members of the production team. It'd make sense, to some extent, as everyone they feature seems to be absolutely clueless at negotiating. Hasn't Mike got a garage in Sheffield he sells cars from now?

In Sheffield AND Luton: https://www.mikebrewermotors.com/

Cavalol

Guru
Cheers, and apologies for missing someone pointing that out earlier.

The concept of the programme is great, the execution not so, imho. Like how Ed used to talk through repairs and explain things, Mike seemed to over-play that sort of almost 'Delboy' type role.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you added in Edd's time to do a rebuild then the cars were sold at a loss, but it's a TV programme. I'd like to see Edd on some sort of TV programme.

The American's love the 'West Coast Customs ' type stuff (so would I if I had half a zilion bucks to do up a classic car).

DRM

Guru
Both Edd and Ant are very handy with the spanner’s, the new series with Ant should show some more of the actual repairs, rather than the here’s what I’ve just fixed bit, however I think the Yanks bought the rights to the programme and as such seem to have the attention span of a goldfish going by other U.S documentaries that have to fully recap the previous part after an ad break, agggh, as for Brewer they should just edit him out.

I'm sorry . I went off them some time ago. I don't think much of their repair work and I can't stand Mike's claims of driving a hard bargain and then being knocked down . He reminds me of a Dick Emmery character. " I think I got it wrong again dad !"
I prefer to watch Car SOS as their work looks more authentic .

Top Bottom